How did he do it

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Not lunging or getting out over the front side. I would say he either used his front side to be able stay balanced or he was always on the rear leg, if that makes sense.
I see him sinking into his front leg after a balanced move forward. Heel down for a split second longer and hands staying back and at shoulder until the pitch got to him. I see a deeper down to movement of the hands, not sure that is his normal style or if it is just for this swing. If timing is key, he was early and had to wait.

Aug 20, 2017
Definitely rear legged, no hand pivot point, count was 0-2, front leg for balance, did not sink into front side as some do on off-speed, did not delay heel plant, looks to have adjusted by slowing the hands down momentarily

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Definitely rear legged, no hand pivot point, count was 0-2, front leg for balance, did not sink into front side as some do on off-speed, did not delay heel plant, looks to have adjusted by slowing the hands down momentarily
Do we have a video of him hitting a fastpitch homerun? This just goes to show, everyone sees something different. I am not saying you are wrong, i am saying i may be. I just see it the way i see it though. Would be interesting to compare another swing of his though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619