Houston Teams showing well at PGF 1st session

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2015
You forgot about hockey, trap shooting, and hockey.

Ya, isn't that crazy how trap has grown in the MN high schools!...
Over 10,000 participants in this years HS trap leagues!
But then there's hockey...
If we could get an accessible dome to practice in the winter, maybe we could compete with fastpitch teams from Houston...

Nov 29, 2009
This group is led primarily by rec program representatives that implemented rules that don't allow club-travel until 14U. They also don't allow 12U age eligible players to move up to 14U. I'd compare them to a mini softball mafia strong arming anyone who crosses them.

Wow... So even if you put together a team with enough parents willing to tell them "Up yours." you'd have no one to play unless you traveled out of state. Sad situation. This group of individuals has turned the entire State of MN into a giant rec program at the younger ages.

I know the Sting have some stronger teams at the older levels. Not sure about the other programs in the area. Have the travel programs tried to break away from the MMFL? With PGF and now USSSA not being associated with the league one would think there is the opportunity to gain a foothold for travel at the younger levels.

I wonder what the ASA national office's stance is on the State Commissioner's condoning this restrictive practice.

Feb 3, 2016
I think generally people don't seem to respect Midwest or the central states softball.
Seems like all Florida or California seem to think they have a monopoly on Softball related activities.
Why travel and have the same 2 teams meet up out of state is another great excuse that seams common from the coasts.

Of course some people I've met from Ohio think nobody else on earth even exists. :)
I like hearing regions making a statement like the OP made. Orange Socks I hope this redirects the thread back to great job the Texas girls did.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Wow. This thread didn't go down the path I intended. I think you folks from MN should have started your own thread. LOL.

Orange Socks I will help you get this back where it started..... We have competed against Impact Gold so many times over the years. One of our biggest wins and most heartbreaking loss were against them. The HC can get into the game when you are playing them but he is a class act. It's the kind of team you want to battle because they will play hard and make you earn it.