Hitting video - looking for feedback

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
Looking for some feedback and/or suggestions. Sorry about the horrible video quality, it was my cell phone. Hopefully it's decent enough to get some ideas. Would appreciate any feedback advice. Thank you.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2009
Of all the forums on this site, this is one (second only to the Pitching forum) where there are a plenty of opinions... :)

Just looking for some feedback/suggestions. We're already working on that back foot that seems to sneak out every once in a while.

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
What has the instruction been like so far to get to this point? Negative move to positive move? What is the current "goal" with the back foot?

Sep 3, 2009
What has the instruction been like so far to get to this point? Negative move to positive move? What is the current "goal" with the back foot?

The instruction has mostly been on slapping, not as much on hitting away. As far as the back foot, everyone that I've ever spoke with about it, has mentioned that the back foot needs to be perpendicular to the direction of the pitcher. I wouldn't call some of the things bad habits at this point, they seem to come and go as she works on consistency, but I'd like to help her avoid those before they do become bad habits. Thanks.

Sep 3, 2009
Looks like a 2.5 frame swing.

Do you have the ability to post video captured at 30fps?

I will try and do this with my camera, I know it will. It was a spontaneous decision and I used my cell phone. I'll try again and post something up. Thanks.

Oct 21, 2009
One thing I noticed is the grip. I prefer a finger grip similar to a golf where the door knocking knuckles are closely aligned. Keeping the handle out of the web between the thumb and pointer finger and putting the handle on the boney area where the index finger meets the palm provides a solid position to swing from. I like to shoot for the knuckle of the top hand little finger touching the knuckle of the bottom hand pointer fiinger this is usually a good grip for slappers. I also noticed she is choking up on the bat, I don't like to choke a bat as it will lose some bat speed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish