Hitting the Rise Ball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 14, 2008
The following needs very clear clarification.........

I believe the swing starts in the rear hip.......And finishes in the front hip........

I do NOT believe the swing starts and finishes in the front hip........NOR do I believe the swing starts AND finishes in the rear hip as JoeBad/Dr. Guerry believe.......

I also believe the fastpitch swing is NECESSARILLY on a flatter plane......Which dictates how the body handles the launch to contact sequence.....

As good as he is in the MLB.........I do NOT think this guy could EVER hit a rise ball without a VERY LARGE adjustment to his swing sequence.........;)

e00vna.gif

2a7eelk.gif

jkw2zr.gif

Here's the link when you have a few days, well over a thousand posts now, see #1177 for BM's.

Baseball Debate - Some Camps Aren't Afraid To Show Their Work....

Unlike Mark and Sarge who claim that the Nyman/Englishbey swing is in the MLB pattern, BM understands this is not the case. The softball swing BM likes is different from MLB as he admits, and VERY different from what Englishbey describes.

Here is the sarge/englishbey claim of teaching the "MLB elite swing":

Sorcerer Softball Academy - Scott Sarginson

and

Sorcerer Softball Academy - Steve Englishbey

"not your grandfather's swing" is right.

The Englishbey swing is no top hand and rotate around front leg.

The BM swing is late top hand and rotate around front leg.

The MLB swing is early top hand/backside driven which produces earlier batspeed and later adjustability necessary for superior MLB/woodbat production.

Feel free to join in the discussion, the moderator is not biased and it's "free"

Oct 29, 2008
TomGuerry:

What's the issue? The girl in the picture looks pretty good to me. In fact, I believe I have scouted her. She can hit. And if it is the girl I think it is, I saw HER grandfather play when I was a kid. And he wasn't playing softball.

Skeptic:

Kind of got me wondering who you are. Sounds as if we may have met?

You are correct, the student in the photo is the grand-daughter of a former long-time MLB player. He was actually involved in her instruction recently, attending a couple of lessons and watching several of her games.

If you happen to have an interest in her, she is currently unsigned, but generating much interest. Should you care to, I'm sure you know how to get ahold of me.

Best regards,

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom