HITTING AREA - post your practice area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Hitting area

I first hung a medium weight net. Took some ropes and hung 2 sets of moving blankets in front on the net.
The black spray painted area is to check ball flight off the tee.

The rope in the middle checks ball flight left and right.

I took the net and curled it to catch the balls off the tee. Feeding in a white piece of plastic water line to stiffen up the front of the catch net.

The blue thing to spread the catch net is, a cut up swimming pool noodle. The ends are curved to catch the inside and outside balls and funnel them back in.

Wood ceiling above with light and heater. I hit off of a golf mat.

Straightleg

Attachments

• tree house and hitting area 007.jpg
    tree house and hitting area 007.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 60
  • tree house and hitting area 005.jpg
    tree house and hitting area 005.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Dec 28, 2008
My "cage" area is a 50' x 17' foot area of my basement.

I have 12' x 12' net that is held up by a 4" diameter PVC pipe and have it wrapped around smaller pvc at the bottom so that balls stay in it.

The floor is painted with georgia clay color and batters boxes are painted, and the foul lines proceed up the wall. Second set of batters boxes is for slappers so that they can go forward with room without running into the net.

Walls are all painted optic yellow and have softballs painted to add some "fun" factor. All of my students sign the wall so that I have their autographs when they are famous. ;)

One 10' area is painted with black chalkboard paint. Each month I ask a different question like "Name your top 2 goals" "What 3 things are you working on this month to help you reach your goals" etc.

One area of the wall is dedicated to showcasing great players, and providing resources like Softball Magazine, recruiting magazine, college media guides etc so that girls are inspired on the way in and out to realize that they are putting the work in for a reason.

Attachments

• Cage4.jpg
    Cage4.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Cage3.jpg
    Cage3.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Cage1.jpg
    Cage1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Cage2.jpg
    Cage2.jpg