What Were Your Best Bang For Buck Purchases

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
For me and my DD it's been the Boombah Rage turf shoes, cheap and very comfortable! They're great to keep in her bag especially when we go to college camps with turf cages where no cleats are allowed. And if needed they would actually work for game play if by some reason a 15 year old bonehead forgot her cleats!? Are they as good as Ringors.........no way, but for $40/45 I like them a lot.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD's Vinci glove is climbing up the "bang for the buck" scale with each year of use. With all of her pitching lessons, practices, and 150+ games/year she was wearing out a glove every year. While the Vinci we bought was more expensive than her other gloves, next year will be her 3rd season with it, so in the long run it was well worth the money.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would also like to give a good "bang for the buck" shout out to Ringor for their turf shoes with a pitching toe. They are expensive (@ $90), but they have lasted 4 years and saved my DD from ruining probably 10+ pairs of tennis shoes over the same period of time...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My DD's Vinci glove is climbing up the "bang for the buck" scale with each year of use. With all of her pitching lessons, practices, and 150+ games/year she was wearing out a glove every year. While the Vinci we bought was more expensive than her other gloves, next year will be her 3rd season with it, so in the long run it was well worth the money.

Yep, definitely have to agree with this one! DD's Vinci will be 3 this Christmas. Travel ball, high school, practices, lessons, no telling how many thousands of balls have been caught in that glove?? One full re-lace with new thumb & pinky inserts replaced and re-laced the fingers and web spiral probably 3 times. They definitely pay for themselves.

Feb 7, 2014
It's not tangible, but worth every penny!...

DD spending a weekend at Jay Weaver's camp. It turned DD from a timid player in to a solid catcher. I would highly recommend the experience to anyone thinking of having their daughter play such an important position.

Tom

Mar 13, 2014
Texas
Training Equipment:
Zepp Swing Trainer
Coaches Eye App
Bownet regulation balls
Motorcross Gloves - one pair has lasted a season and are still going strong, was going through 3-4 regular pairs a season

Playing equipment:
A quality equipment bag (especially for catchers), bet I went through 3-4 cheap ones before I broke down and bought an expensive one. Definitely would've saved money buying that from start.
Mizuno Franchise catchers mitt. Even though it wasn't highest quality out there, bought this for about $40 at retail store. Held up surprisingly well. (just ordered a Vinci JCV34)
Gluv Pants and Socks
A hard shell crush proof glasses case

For Me:
Good camping chairs
A good thermos (coffee at the ballparks suck, and paper cups from Starbucks or C Store get cold too quick on cold mornings)
Coleman cooler - not as good as a Yeti or the like, but for $30 on sale definitely bang for buck, keeps ice frozen all day and easy to roll around

and the biggest Bang for the Buck without question is DFP Membership

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles