Hip pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2015
DD has hip pain when making contact with her hip while pitching. Otherwise no pain and does not affect any other activity. No visible bruise but painful enough that she can't pitch. We will see a doctor but anyone have any experience with this?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Need to see a video. I'm betting her I/R is late and she's hitting the point of her elbow into her hip instead of her upper/inner arm compressing into her ribs.....

I'm also curious as to what the red WTT icon is?????

Sep 3, 2015
Here is a recent video from last month, it's from the front I think I have a decent side one from a few weeks after this.

Not sure what WTT means, I don't see that on mobile.

Nov 8, 2018
DD has hip pain when making contact with her hip while pitching. Otherwise no pain and does not affect any other activity. No visible bruise but painful enough that she can't pitch. We will see a doctor but anyone have any experience with this?

Where is the pain. ? On the hip
Bone? Below in the soft tissue? How’s the elbow. ? Any pain or redness. ?
Your dd makes nice brush. I’m vid it’s hard to see where the contact is exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 3, 2015
Where is the pain. ? On the hip
Bone? Below in the soft tissue? How’s the elbow. ? Any pain or redness. ?
Your dd makes nice brush. I’m vid it’s hard to see where the contact is exactly.

She says top of the hip. No elbow pain, no bruising. But she describes it as like punching a bruise every pitch.

She can hit, swim, play the field without pain or issue.

Nov 8, 2018
She says top of the hip. No elbow pain, no bruising. But she describes it as like punching a bruise every pitch.

She can hit, swim, play the field without pain or issue.

Sounds like a bone bruise. Will hurt for awhile. Ice as much as possible. 20/20min on off. You may want to pad it to protect it from constantly re-injuring every time she pitches. Or pad the arm. My dd uses a sleeve with a pad built in just in case. Her elbow and hip bone line up exactly. So that’s a pain literally.

Mar 20, 2015
DD has used this and it worked until she made a change and no longer needed it.
https://www.nahdeh.com/products/anti-bruise-belt-hip-impact-protection-system
Can get it on Amazon. If a little late with IR then they need to make sure their bicep is pointing toward third base at contact. Its actually a very small timing adjustment and can be made easily. Good news is she probably has great IR and brush just needs a small adjustment.

Sep 3, 2015
Sounds like a bone bruise. Will hurt for awhile. Ice as much as possible. 20/20min on off. You may want to pad it to protect it from constantly re-injuring every time she pitches. Or pad the arm. My dd uses a sleeve with a pad built in just in case. Her elbow and hip bone line up exactly. So that’s a pain literally.

Thank you, that's what we thought but will be seeing the doctor on Wednesday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06