high school vent/advise needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You need to ask yourself...
'What would Chuck do':
tumblr_murmypSmea1s5idxio1_500.gif

Jun 19, 2013
Additionally, it has already been proven that your dd backed down. She will do so again. You have to intervene NOW before she has any further damage done. There is no tip-toeing to be had here...it's stomping mad time!

I think this is something to take seriously too. She may not want to upset you, or cause problems with the coach, team, etc. so may not speak up if there are further issues if she already gave in to him once. I remember that feeling with my parents at that age. Protect her from having to take the brunt of this guys stupidity and having to do this one her own. I know frequently we hear "high school players need to handle things themselves" well she is up against a class A jerk here and needs some parental back up for sure.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Thank you all for the replies and thoughts. I appreciate it. I have received documentation from the PT Doc that worked with us last summer(and spoke with him on the phone). As I already knew those three exercises are specifically mentioned on the no list, with dead lifts being in the no way category. Squats are actually ok, as long as the weight/bar is not on her shoulder, but a hand held weight, and back has to be straight. We did give the school a release for cheerleading, but not sure if this list is specifically with the release. The coach was not given this specific list, and I would say that is definately MY fault and nobody else's, however I did not see foresee this as being an issue with him. He will have it Monday before any other practices. She will be instructed to stick to the list of acceptable exercises and nothing else.

And I did misspeak. These practices are voluntary practices at this point. I misused "official" just meaning that she has been in high school for well over a year and this was only her second day of any kind of practicing with the school. Was just kind of shocked that a problem would arise this early in the season.

Jan 25, 2011
If all fails, let us know. I'm sure we can get the DFP posse together and will have a little talk with him out on a boat. We can try those cement shoes on him.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Thank you all for the replies and thoughts. I appreciate it. I have received documentation from the PT Doc that worked with us last summer(and spoke with him on the phone). As I already knew those three exercises are specifically mentioned on the no list, with dead lifts being in the no way category. Squats are actually ok, as long as the weight/bar is not on her shoulder, but a hand held weight, and back has to be straight. We did give the school a release for cheerleading, but not sure if this list is specifically with the release. The coach was not given this specific list, and I would say that is definately MY fault and nobody else's, however I did not see foresee this as being an issue with him. He will have it Monday before any other practices. She will be instructed to stick to the list of acceptable exercises and nothing else.

And I did misspeak. These practices are voluntary practices at this point. I misused "official" just meaning that she has been in high school for well over a year and this was only her second day of any kind of practicing with the school. Was just kind of shocked that a problem would arise this early in the season.

If I could make a recommendation, I would go back and edit the OP. Someone might not read your later post.

Nov 18, 2013
Before the lynching I'd suggest talking to the coach to hear his side. Like you said, she's 15 and you don't always get the full story.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi