High School experts!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I want closed practices* because kids do not learn in the presence of a crowd, read the research. Do you think your own kids or other kids from other parents want to practice in front of you? Do your kids really want another person harping on them about every detail in practice or do they just want to go home and enjoy dinner with you, talking about something else? Do coaches then have to monitor the behavior of parents? Do we have to check IDs and rosters, etc. to make sure child molesters don't get in?

Do TB teams have closed practices? I am sure there are some, but I am not aware of any in my area. We encourage our parents to attend practice and games.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Do TB teams have closed practices? I am sure there are some, but I am not aware of any in my area. We encourage our parents to attend practice and games.

I think the point was more along the lines of HS coaches will have closed practices for many reasons. Not just because they want to hide something. Although I may disagree with a closed practice policy, I can certainly see the other side of the argument.An open practice policy can lead to a whole bunch of crazies, not just us SB parents, like stalkers and child molesters an opportunity to pick out a target. Don't forget about the fact that many parents want to coach their DD'S from the sidelines and tell the coaches where they ought to practice and play them. I'm not saying either policy is right or wrong. Just that I can see the argument for both sides.

Last edited:

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I think the point was more along the lines of HS coaches will have closed practices for many reasons. Not just because they want to hide something. Although I may disagree with a closed practice policy, I can certainly see the other side of the argument.An open practice policy can lead to a whole bunch of crazies, not just us SB parents, like stalkers and child molesters an opportunity to pick out a target. Don't forget about the fact that many parents want to coach their DD'S from the sidelines and tell the coaches where they ought to practice and play them. I'm not saying either policy is right or wrong. Just that I can see the argument for both sides.

HS coaches want closed practices because they don't want a bunch of complaints about anything and everything. In TB if a parent does not like what they see they are free to find another team.......

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
HS coaches want closed practices because they don't want a bunch of complaints about anything and everything. In TB if a parent does not like what they see they are free to find another team.......

Thank you JAD. However I think most coaches that have a closed practice policy will not necessarily have a closed door policy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd