help with tipping pitches to defense

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 5, 2012
I'm looking for a way to tip fielders as to what pitch is coming. Can some of you share with me examples of how to accomplish this. Team is 13yo and catchers call every pitch with very gd communication between pitchers and catchers. Now how to let the corner IF's and OF's in on it??? Everything I come up with involves either a verbal or physical cue somehow being passed from the middle IF's or C, but these would be pretty easy to steal.

How to tell the right fielder without tipping base coach, fans, etc??

Thanks and I'll see you in the parking lot at the end of the day for a...
Coldbeer

Jun 20, 2008
I'm looking for a way to tip fielders as to what pitch is coming. Can some of you share with me examples of how to accomplish this. Team is 13yo and catchers call every pitch with very gd communication between pitchers and catchers. Now how to let the corner IF's and OF's in on it??? Everything I come up with involves either a verbal or physical cue somehow being passed from the middle IF's or C, but these would be pretty easy to steal.

How to tell the right fielder without tipping base coach, fans, etc??

Thanks and I'll see you in the parking lot at the end of the day for a...
Coldbeer

Middle infielders or all infielders get the pitch and location and relay it to the outfield...we use 1 finger behind the middle infielders back for inside pitch and 2 fingers for outside pitch...catcher gives sign to pitcher, second base gives it to centerfielder she tells other outfielders...they dont adjust until after pitcher starts wind-up...

Jul 26, 2010
What 2bucketdad said. Finger wiggles for a changeup (since that one is likely to be hit early regardless of location if it's hit)

-W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877