Help With Slap Hitting!?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2020
My DD just moved up to 14u. She's always been a light hitting speedy outfielder. About a year and a half ago she moved to the left side exclusively and has been slapping full time and going to weekly slap specific lessons. She went from batting last (or nearly last) with "ok" numbers, to batting leadoff with a average north of .600 and an OBP to match. Her switch to slapping was transformative! She went from being a totally average ball player to an on base and hitting machine! She's fully embraced slapping and loves it.
My Dd has always been a small Center fielder who likes to surprise the defense with how surprisingly far she can hit the ball and her speed around the bases. Dd can hit both left and right so I’m hoping that will help her when she tries to learn slapping. I still don’t think Dd should go to only slapping but being able to become a triple threat where she could slap, bunt, and hit for power would be nice.

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
My Dd has always been a small Center fielder who likes to surprise the defense with how surprisingly far she can hit the ball and her speed around the bases. Dd can hit both left and right so I’m hoping that will help her when she tries to learn slapping. I still don’t think Dd should go to only slapping but being able to become a triple threat where she could slap, bunt, and hit for power would be nice.
More food for thought

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles