Help with new "pitcher"

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 18, 2009
I have two DD's. One that is older and she practices 6 days per week. Younger DD is always with us so on nights when older DD is pitching I leave it up to my younger DD for how much or if she wants to practice. I'm not going to force the pitching issue or the lessons. If younger DD wants to play it will all be up to her on the amount of pitching time she puts in. So far she wants to practice as much as her sister.

Mar 18, 2009
La Crosse WI
Don't go watching videos of the current superstars of the game to learn the basics. I've found that there are certain mechanics (how and when to...) that are completely glossed over by many of the big names, but which are critical to proper development of a sound delivery. There are a lot of solid videos by long-time instructors available online that will provide better and more applicable guidance. The best source of course is a good PI with hands-on give and take.
Jim

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
We just received a nice statement from a pitcher's Dad in Washington. The statement was just added to the webpage. He started his daughter off at 9-years old with 'Coach Hal's Foundation Method'. They used it all along and still use it today. At 15, she just verballed to a D-1 college and she is one of the most highly recruited pitchers in the country. He gives a long list of which schools were after her.

Try the Foundation Method in my book. I used this to start off pitchers as young as 6 and used it to tune up adult pitchers playing in international competition.

sneakysoftballpitching.com

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish