HELP WITH BAT CHOICES in cold whether

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2012
Iowa
Not to hijack the thread, but I have read in other threads on other boards, the Easton CV12's can be used in colder weather, but have not talked to many that use them. Any body use them in cold weather?

Jan 25, 2011
You can use any bat in cold weather. It is just you might be buying a new one sooner then you want. IMO, at the younger ages like some 12u, not all 12u ages, but at 10u and below. I really don't think it would hurt the bat. Just my 2cents.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
You can use any bat in cold weather. It is just you might be buying a new one sooner then you want. IMO, at the younger ages like some 12u, not all 12u ages, but at 10u and below. I really don't think it would hurt the bat. Just my 2cents.

Agreed. It's the ball that gets hard in cold weather that hurts the bat. I wouldn't have bp hitting a 100 balls in cold weather, but I wouldn't be scared to use any bat in a game at 40-45 degrees.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
These Easton 777s will take a lot of abuse. The older the better and they won't break the bank. easton 777 fastpitch softball bat | eBay

Thanks Amy. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a RT, but quickly deferred to a the Triple-7. Ended up getting two777's for around $40 for the pair.

I don't know that DD swings hard enough to damage any bat just yet, but at least now I won't have to suffer through while watching her hit 50 mph dimple balls with her CF5 :p.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallsize1516