Help with 12U DDs Swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 20, 2010
So for good or bad she has been a successful hitter the past few years despite her work in progress swing (I posted some clips before) and she still has issues with her swing. I think (hope) there is some good in it. It is now probably too late to do anything dramatic for this season but is there anything incremental she could work on before or during the season (or this week).

[video=youtube_share;yT5tFIA-2h4]http://youtu.be/yT5tFIA-2h4[/video]

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Her sequence needs work. That happens to be where I usually begin my winter hitting clinics ... so from my perspective, I'd start with a clean fundamental swing sequence and build her swing from there.

Probably not what you wanted to read ... just an opinion mind you.

R

RayR

Never too late to stop the spinning back foot and learn how to "walk off" the back heel....learn to transfer the weight....

A couple of swings of a drill we do to learn this

AL3-5-12-1gif.gif

OOKickGif1.gif

RBKickgif1.gif

Jan 20, 2010
Her sequence needs work. That happens to be where I usually begin my winter hitting clinics ... so from my perspective, I'd start with a clean fundamental swing sequence and build her swing from there.

Probably not what you wanted to read ... just an opinion mind you.

No...but that is why I posted it. I know there are issues.

MTS...I really like that drill and will have her try it tonight. I was having her do the Cal Ripken thing where you over emphasize the coil but was looking for something to help her back foot and her hips.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Can't see your DD video,because blocked at work.So I'm no help there.Good place to start with learning the sequence is Megan-1 Tee started by Immortal1.If you haven't already done so.

Jan 20, 2010
Tried the drill MTS suggested

This is a little Tee work before practice today. I asked her to focus on her coil and showed her the drill MTS suggested and asked her to emulate it.

[video=youtube_share;2r4WLCt-M1A]http://youtu.be/2r4WLCt-M1A[/video]

R

RayR

I like it....keep working on it by alternating regular swings and the kick swings....

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
I would set that tee down as low as possible and see how her swing looks. Working off a high tee can mask a lot of problems. The low tee is the acid test to see if she understands swing plane/hand path/tilt.

Oct 10, 2011
I'm slow

Never too late to stop the spinning back foot and learn how to "walk off" the back heel....learn to transfer the weight....

A couple of swings of a drill we do to learn this

AL3-5-12-1gif.gif

OOKickGif1.gif

RBKickgif1.gif

In other words...it's fine to work on this even though the season is starting?
:confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AymeePitcherMom