Helmets

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2010
I've never been one to worry about having the coolest uniforms or having matching equipment. But I agreed to at least go with matching helmets next spring. What is your favorite helmet and why (based on what you see/hear from your players)?

My DD uses the Easton Natural (one color) in the youth size. It fits her well and doesn't wobble all over the place when she's batting/running. Plus, she doesn't look like Jack (as in "in the Box") b/c the helmet is wider than her shoulders.

We will be a 12U team next year.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
We like the Schutt helmets because they come in different sizes. Also, they will special order sizes. They carry XS, S, M,L, XL. My daughter still wears an XXS and they specially make it for her. You can't order directly, but a retailer should be able to order it for you. Worth makes a nice looking helmet that you can order an insert for to size to fit. There's nothing worse than one size fits all helmets that are too big on half of your team. My DD used to have to hold onto her face mask when running the bases so she could see. This is her 3rd year with the Schutt helmet and we've replaced the pads once. It still looks great.

Schutt is what our girls like.....lightweight and vented. We ordered 4 sizes right away to use for sizing/fitting purposes, then ordered for whole team. Be sure when you have the girls try on for size that the face mask is attatched......even coaches learn from mistakes. :)

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Read any vision training site. Think about a helment that is too big and bounces in front of the girls eyes when she is trying to hit. The eyes can only focus on one moving object. So buying a helment that is too big and then spending $300 on a bat doesn't make much sense. When I give clinics the first thing I do is grab the front of the mask on the helment and see if it moves up and down and then look at the parents and ask them why they just spent so much on a bat and ignored the helment. My dd has the helment that has the screw in the back of the helment so you can adjust it to fit. Because we all know girls like to have the hair different and the fit changes .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach