Helmet Decals

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 3, 2012
All

I'm trying to think of ways to get my 8U girls to take more hacks at pitches in games. One thought I had was to reward hits with small 3/4" helmet decals that they could add to the backs of their helmets.

My question is, will this cause problems with ASA tournament rules ? ( we just started playing allstar silver bracket tournaments in southern CA ) I can't seem to find anything about this. Anyone have experience with running into issues ?

thanks!
mark

May 25, 2010
All

I'm trying to think of ways to get my 8U girls to take more hacks at pitches in games. One thought I had was to reward hits with small 3/4" helmet decals that they could add to the backs of their helmets.

My question is, will this cause problems with ASA tournament rules ? ( we just started playing allstar silver bracket tournaments in southern CA ) I can't seem to find anything about this. Anyone have experience with running into issues ?

thanks!
mark
You've got a team of players who don't swing the bat often enough and now they're a tournament team??

FWIW, helmet stickers are legal in ASA events, but ASA doesn't sanction championship play for 8u.

May 3, 2012
You've got a team of players who don't swing the bat often enough and now they're a tournament team??

Correct, these are 8U girls that are playing their first softball tournament season. Every kid has to start somewhere.

thanks for the response.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We have played in a couple of ASA 8U tourneys in Tennessee and Georgia and I haven't heard of any issues. Since ASA does not offer 8U nationals with a standard set of rules most go by their local ASA rec rules so I can't see helmet stickers being a problem. Even though ASA does not sanction 8U championship play in they are offering a "National" invitational tourney in Fairhope, AL this summer.

Watch out when you mention 8U on here. Some people either think you are a crazy softball parent or just crazy. You are correct they do have to start somewhere and personally my DD enjoys spending Saturdays at the park playing four or five games and hanging out under the tents with her teammates.

May 3, 2012
Watch out when you mention 8U on here. Some people either think you are a crazy softball parent or just crazy. You are correct they do have to start somewhere and personally my DD enjoys spending Saturdays at the park playing four or five games and hanging out under the tents with her teammates.

I think you have to be a little bit crazy to coach 8U anyway ;) But we're out there having fun on a weekend, playing ball and getting better

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Stickers are always a great idea. Heck I gave them out even at 12U, we had different colored stars for offensive (multi-hit games, getting bunts down, HR's, stolen bases) I tried to make sure everyone got at least 1 star most had the back of the helmet covered tho.