Have to tell someone ;)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
My dd is a freshman playing on the freshman team in high school. This weekend she hit her first over the fence homerun! Sorry i just had to scream it out there ;)

Feb 7, 2013
Congrats!

On the flip side, some parents are a little distraught that their darling daughter gave up a home run. My DD gave up her first grand slam a few weeks ago and its a horrible feeling, especially when you are calling the pitches:)

Jan 8, 2012
Aurora, IL
My daughter pitches as well, all though she is not any where near the monster pitchers i read about on here. She has 3 pitches throws around 50. She is 3 and 1 so far. So I do know there is an other side of the coin. She has not given up a homer yet but she has given up a triple and several doubles. She seems to really struggle with the 7, 8, and 9 batters. No pressure on me during hs ball I just watch, although June we startup again then it is my fault for bad pitch called and everything else ;)

Rocket, I feel your pain!

Mar 28, 2013
Great Story, congratulations to your DD .My DD finally gave up her first over the fence Home run last weekend,2nd year 14u. The fences were just the white plastic fence about 5 feet high that you can move anywhere. The center fielder blew through the fence and almost made the catch while flipping upside down with the fence. she got a small cut on her hand going for the ball due to the fence. She grabbed the ball and stood up to throw it in and noticed Blue was just calling it a home run. They brought the ball in to the Batter since it was her first HR, had blood all over it. she looked at it and AWSOME!! was proud of my DD when she went up the batter and said that's the last time I ever throw you hard outside and great hit. Gotta love center fielders!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors