Has anyone seen my softball?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 15, 2010
12" Dream Seam, optic yellow. Last seen leaving my DDs hand as a rise ball that didn't rise. Judging from trajectory when leaving ball park can be anywhere in greater Socal area.

Jul 28, 2008
A hanging rise ball is not good. Our freshman HS school pitcher got the sign from her catcher, a rise ball at the waist, and decided not to argue the pitch calling. The catcher had her signs crossed up. So she threw it at the waist. The result was a grand salami over the left field fence. She won't be doing that anymore. :)

Note to pitchers...don't hang rise balls OR drop balls. Nothing good can result.

Sep 6, 2009
State of Confusion
Try the girl who swung the bat. She probably took it home with her!.

Dont feel bad, if pitches all hit the intended spots, there would be no solid hits at all

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2009
My DD NEVER had a home run hit off her.....till......that one day.........
There was this Jr from LA hitting balls out of the park left and right, it was a scouting tourny so the scouts were following her everywhere she went.
We ended up facing her and DD was the pitcher. Coach said, "No way you pitch to this kid" DD throws a pitch......BAM! SEE YA!
Coach throws a fit, yells at the Blue. "How far off the plate was that pitch"? Blue looks at coach with a funny face that says "Sorry dude", then holds his hands up to demonstrate how very far off the plate the pitch was. Yeah, no one pitches to that kid, she just goes and gets them.

On the other shoe, in a high school game she hit a grand slam and they had to go get the maintenance man to unlock the track field because that's where the ball landed. : )

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Thought I saw it! Then, I realized it was the sun. Finally, the sun comes out again. We've had cloudy skies and rain for a few days. All these pre game weeks, the weather was great. Then, rain, cold, wind... Yesterday's forecast high for our double header was 58. It didn't get to 46 and the wind was about 20 mphs. So, imagine the wind-chill. Still, we played. So, I apoligize for not seeing your ball. If I do, I'll Federal Express it back! (Unless it is lopsided.)

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
12" Dream Seam, optic yellow. Last seen leaving my DDs hand as a rise ball that didn't rise. Judging from trajectory when leaving ball park can be anywhere in greater Socal area.

That was a great way to admit giving up a HR. Very unique, and humorous. Mine gave up 2 last year. As a father we always feel it is our fault. :)

Even the best have a bad day.

Mar 15, 2010
That was a great way to admit giving up a HR. Very unique, and humorous. Mine gave up 2 last year...

This was the first out of the park home run she has ever given up. Back in rec ball there were plenty of "home runs" when the defense played throw the ball everywhere as the runner ran around the bases. In her defense the girl who hit the HR had just turned 15 (my DD is a second year 12U playing on a 14U TT) and was a notch under 6' . On most batters this rise ball would have been chin high. Didn't hurt the team as we did win the game 8-2.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Mine gave up her first one last year... lol to this day, every once in a while I'll yell DUCK to her... and tell her I think that ball is just coming down

Feb 9, 2009
This was the first out of the park home run she has ever given up. Back in rec ball there were plenty of "home runs" when the defense played throw the ball everywhere as the runner ran around the bases.

HA! A couple of games ago, my 10U team hit 3 HR in a row...the 2nd was just a hard hit ball to CF, with a very fast batter! The 1st and 3rd one??? INFIELD HOMERS!!!
Other team played hot-potato with a softball....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1