hands in the swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Bat drag - No, The angle of the video gives an illusion of possible bat drag, I would venture to lean more to the no its not.
Yes I agree that its less of a push swing, but still that doesn't negate that his hands at least to me speeds up ahead of the rotation of the upper body. Just because you can get you hands ahead of the rotation doesnt automatically mean they are pushing.
I agree.. just a lot of times I see the hands getting dragged through the zone instead of pulled.. if that makes sense.
Here's a still of Mookie, different video. Reason why I chose Mookie, I see his elbow initially leading the hands in a lot of his swings

Could be illusion as well.. IDK

May 12, 2016
I think I agree with assessment. Gotta be careful though lol, you start mentioning push swing.
LOL, I am not promoting or demoting it.. it's just what I see. In comparison to what Efastball just posted(Manny) I see entirely different hand action/position. In this case(Manny Gif) it seems the hands are fused with the elbow, the elbow drops and the hands move with the elbow and the bat swivels in the hands

Oct 2, 2017
LOL, I am not promoting or demoting it.. it's just what I see. In comparison to what Efastball just posted(Manny) I see entirely different hand action/position. In this case(Manny Gif) it seems the hands are fused with the elbow, the elbow drops and the hands move with the elbow and the bat swivels in the hands
So would you agree that even in the Manny Gif, the hands are still getting in front of the rotation?

May 12, 2016
So would you agree that even in the Manny Gif, the hands are still getting in front of the rotation?
I think the GIF efastball posted supports his view on what happens in the swing.. it's a tough angle to view though. If the hands race ahead of rotation.. how can this be achieved without pushing them?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA