hands in the swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
I've heard recently that the hands (Especially the top hand) have got to get ahead of the rotation of the upper body. This seems to make sense to me, in terms of eliminating bat drag etc. Thoughts?

Nov 18, 2015
can you clarify "ahead"? As in moving towards the ball before the upper body does, or just starting to move the bat (such as swiveling the wrists / tip & rip) before other upper body movement?

May 12, 2016
I've heard recently that the hands (Especially the top hand) have got to get ahead of the rotation of the upper body. This seems to make sense to me, in terms of eliminating bat drag etc. Thoughts?
Wouldn't a hitter have to push their hands in order to get them ahead?

EDIT: CB.. lol I was writing as you posted

May 12, 2016
Is Vladdy initially pushing here to set a pivot point? I feel like he is initially pushing hands/knob down and forward toward the ball?

Oct 2, 2017
can you clarify "ahead"? As in moving towards the ball before the upper body does, or just starting to move the bat (such as swiveling the wrists / tip & rip) before other upper body movement?

As the elbow slots and the hands get stacked, to me they speed up to get ahead of the rotation. As for example the video below.

Oct 2, 2017
Isn't this bat drag? Do you see less of a push in this swing vs Vladdy's? I do

Bat drag - No, The angle of the video gives an illusion of possible bat drag, I would venture to lean more to the no its not.
Yes I agree that its less of a push swing, but still that doesn't negate that his hands at least to me speeds up ahead of the rotation of the upper body. Just because you can get you hands ahead of the rotation doesnt automatically mean they are pushing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee