Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 17, 2009
Mike I've thrown behind Bownets up close like that. It's not what they are supposed to be used for. Be careful. It isn't staked and you are pretty close to the net. Lean in a bit after a pitch and a hard shot back up the middle will get you.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Consistency is usually the last thing to come, and should be the most sought after. I think your just seeing that happening, consistency.

"It is hard to fill a cup that is already full" Shawn

Shawn this is a very good point

It could be hitting line drives, or hitting the ball well consistently. In her case, it’s hitting ball well and far consistently.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Mike I've thrown behind Bownets up close like that. It's not what they are supposed to be used for. Be careful. It isn't staked and you are pretty close to the net. Lean in a bit after a pitch and a hard shot back up the middle will get you.

Agreed. I have experience to prove it....

Feb 25, 2020
This drill has had a positive influence on Haley’s swing mechanics.

I think that drill does so many good things.

I also believe if you did an unadulterated bonds drill the results would be even better.

You can't hit the ball into the plate and finish with the bat that high. It would be quite the opposite. She should be swinging much more left and around especially with in the drill.

You can see a difference with your version it looks much better. I think there would be an even bigger difference if you did the prescribed version. Hitting it HARD.

I think your hitter is at the level to handle it. If you start it back to square 1 I think it might be beneficial. Hitting HARD into the plate and working up.

I say this because it looks better.

My opinion obviously.

May 16, 2019
I think that drill does so many good things.

I also believe if you did an unadulterated bonds drill the results would be even better.

You can't hit the ball into the plate and finish with the bat that high. It would be quite the opposite. She should be swinging much more left and around especially with in the drill.

You can see a difference with your version it looks much better. I think there would be an even bigger difference if you did the prescribed version. Hitting it HARD.

I think your hitter is at the level to handle it. If you start it back to square 1 I think it might be beneficial. Hitting HARD into the plate and working up.

I say this because it looks better.

My opinion obviously.
TY, I've never seen the drill but kinda put together what I thought it was. She's getting better disciplined with her swings. I agree and see where she's ready to swing harder and be sudden in her approach. Right now I want her to focus on getting to her launch position before adjustments are made to ball location. Great observation thank you.

Feb 25, 2020
I think those should be HARD swings. And then work it up with HARD swings.

If you go back to the first page of this thread and go to the very last post and look at the swings you can see something that doesn't look quite right..Hard to explain. The bonds drill corrects it imo.

She is a great candidate for it. That bat should be wrapping around and hitting her in the back. The 1rst page swing it just hovers kind of. It's getting better though and looks great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad