Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
For mainstream beers, PBR out of the can is king! I honestly don’t see how people drink Bud or Bud light? PBR blows they away, no comparison!
I grew up in the 80’s in a little Mississippi River town. The amount of Blue Ribbon and Old Mil’ that the old timers drank around there would float a battleship.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I grew up in the 80’s in a little Mississippi River town. The amount of Blue Ribbon and Old Mil’ that the old timers drank around there would float a battleship.
Old school baby.....in gloves and beer! And don't forget about Schlitz!!

One of my body techs here, relatively young in his mid forties always tells me that if I see any Schlitz anywhere to buy it and he'll pay me back, he swears the stuff is great, but it's so hard to find! Now that's old school!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Old Mildew! PBR, Rolling Rock, Bud, Bud Light, Coors Banquet...whatever is on sale usually for the "regular" mass produced stuff. Blue Moon, Denver Brewing, Left Hand, New Belgium and some other much smaller craft brewers keep things interesting. Being able to go out to a pub/restaurant again lately has been fun in an unexpected way...being able to try a few of the new beers out of the tap. Interesting to sample what they've been coming up with. I'm usually not a fan of the real hoppy, the real sour or the real fruity stuff. Smooth ambers, some wheats, basic lager is good for me.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
I think the Old Milwaukee brand started as the bottom of the barrel stuff from the Schlitz brewery... It was then acquired by Stroh's (remember that one? And the Matts Beer ball?) and is now owned by Pabst.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Embarrassed to admit that I always have cold cans of Miller Lite in the garage...

There is nothing wrong with a Miller Lite as kind of a reliable, always there brew.

Better that some of this other stuff being mentioned...coors light, PBR, yingyang, Old Mil. I can do a Miller Lite anytime :)

Dec 15, 2018
CT
I agree it's always good to have some mass market light beers in your fridge. They have a specific utility, particularly handy for:
1) Post lawn mowing
2) Having something so the brother in law you don't like doesn't drink your good beer
3) You have to be up all night minding the smoker
4) Corn hole tournaments
5) Holidays where you'll be drinking pretty much all day, especially if you start before noon

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves