Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Was looking up manufacturer reliability ratings...
Really better to narrow it down by vehicle.
Even better ranked manufacturers have good and poorly ranked vehicles.

And then this popped up

Screenshot_2021-02-11-07-43-06-1.png

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The chevys will go 220k miles on the motor and tranny if you maintain them. But the interior will be worn out. The Toyota’s just last. But They are the least fuel efficient. All of the newer big vehicles except GM seem to be giving up some longevity to meet emissions standards.

Again, for every awesome vehicle, you will hear a shi!t show with the same vehicle. I am a GM fan, but not gonna say
they will go 200K as long as you do maintenance. Every fan of whatever vehicle will say so and so trucks last
forever and every other one sucks. BUT Ram seems to be the most unreliable.
Also, what someone declares as regular maintenance, is somebody else's major fix.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Core the older Avalanches and the Cadillac version were just solid. At one time my work car was an ‘04 Yukon and my partners was an Avalanche. Both of those trucks were run hard for years, we put almost 200,000 miles on both. I loved that Yukon. My buddies was red, we called it the Red Rocket because he was always bumping the speed limiter everywhere he went.

I had one with the clad all over it...got one of the first 2001s to come to the dealership. I was waiting for it. And I def know the
speed governor well...haha.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yep, too bad the vast majority here never got to experience driving a 1966 - 1972 Chevy Chevelle! ;) There is NOTHING else in the world like it!!

BIG, old full frame GM "A" bodies rule!

My dad was an old car fanatic and a GM guy, we had many old cars rolling around and also a new Chevy pickup like every
2 years. From a 67 GTO, 66 Chevelle, 58 and 63 Corvette (still has a 78 Vette), Still has a 72 Pickup all redone with the wood bed (has a 427 corvette engine 4 speed manual in it). Had a 71 Buick Skylark, 74 Pontiac Lemans.
There was so many cars coming and going...I know I forgot a Vette or 2 in there.
But he loved to work on cars...weekends was car fiddling time.

He gave the 66 Chevelle SS to one of my brothers who wrecked it, gave the GTO to another who let it sit in his yard and rust away.
Brother ended up selling the Goat for like 1500 bucks...some guy kept asking him every month for years. Finally he sold it...and the guy
rebuilt it again t its old glory...I was happy for it. Hate seeing cars like that rusting away...bring them back to life

That's why I will always love the old cars...nothing like them. They are really a huge piece of Americana

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My dad was an old car fanatic and a GM guy, we had many old cars rolling around and also a new Chevy pickup like every
2 years. From a 67 GTO, 66 Chevelle, 58 and 63 Corvette (still has a 78 Vette), Still has a 72 Pickup all redone with the wood bed (has a 427 corvette engine 4 speed manual in it). Had a 71 Buick Skylark, 74 Pontiac Lemans.
There was so many cars coming and going...I know I forgot a Vette or 2 in there.
But he loved to work on cars...weekends was car fiddling time.

He gave the 66 Chevelle SS to one of my brothers who wrecked it, gave the GTO to another who let it sit in his yard and rust away.
Brother ended up selling the Goat for like 1500 bucks...some guy kept asking him every month for years. Finally he sold it...and the guy
rebuilt it again t its old glory...I was happy for it. Hate seeing cars like that rusting away...bring them back to life

That's why I will always love the old cars...nothing like them. They are really a huge piece of Americana
My Dad and your Dad would have gotten along real good! You'd think I was lying if I told you the number of old GM muscle cars my Dad had!! And it's a stupid number!

Jan 27, 2021
Again, for every awesome vehicle, you will hear a shi!t show with the same vehicle. I am a GM fan, but not gonna say
they will go 200K as long as you do maintenance. Every fan of whatever vehicle will say so and so trucks last
forever and every other one sucks. BUT Ram seems to be the most unreliable.
Also, what someone declares as regular maintenance, is somebody else's major fix.
Your not wrong there. There is no rule, just observation of trends. (Like which bat is best lol) I managed a tire and lube shop for a couple years, I just know what I saw. The highest mileage Ford I ever saw was 186k miles and it was beautiful inside still but had so many mechanical issues. Most never made it to 150k.
The absolute most miles of any vehicle was between the old dodge diesels with the Cummins engines. But good Lordy the rest of the vehicle was always falling apart around the drivetrain. Or the Toyota Carolla’s. And they were always okay except the carpet was in ruins on every one of them. But they were never too special to begin with

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I managed a tire and lube shop for a couple years, I just know what I saw. The highest mileage Ford I ever saw was 186k miles and it was beautiful inside still but had so many mechanical issues. Most never made it to 150k.

I run a small construction company. Our superintendents and foremen put a ton of miles on their Ford trucks. It is pretty typical for them to have over 300K before we upgrade them to a newer model. Our '14 F150 "yard truck" (formerly the daily driver of a foreman) had an engine replacement about 50k miles ago. It currently has 411k miles on it, and still drives pretty well. Our General Superintendent has a '16 F150 with 310K on it - zero major issues, looks and drives great.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
My Dad and your Dad would have gotten along real good! You'd think I was lying if I told you the number of old GM muscle cars my Dad had!! And it's a stupid number!

I bet....they could prob entertain themselves for hours on hours man. Would be fun to hear actually...lots of learning going
on for anybody who wanted to listen

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes