Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, seems weird my Allstate is the best I have ever dealt with and I wouldn't trade for anything...and your
area is so bad. Must be the Allstate you guys deal with. Glad its not mine...haha

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yeah, seems weird my Allstate is the best I have ever dealt with and I wouldn't trade for anything...and your
area is so bad. Must be the Allstate you guys deal with. Glad its not mine...haha
You ever been with a group of people / guys and someone walks up, drives up, pulls up and EVERYONE you're with makes a terrible face, cusses, and or just walks away? That's our Allstate adjuster!! If something tragic happened to this guy........no one would care! I've never EVER heard one person say something nice about this guy!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You ever been with a group of people / guys and someone walks up, drives up, pulls up and EVERYONE you're with makes a terrible face, cusses, and or just walks away? That's our Allstate adjuster!! If something tragic happened to this guy........no one would care! I've never EVER heard one person say something nice about this guy!

I work at a multi-franchise dealership...every time one of the manufacturers come in, its that way...hahaha. Its always you suck,
you aren't doing this right or that right. You should be moving more of our products, its not our cars, its you...haha. Now take us to lunch
and pay for it. Meanwhile none of them has ever held a real job or worked in their life. Most all spoon fed tools, that their parents
knew the right people to get little Joey into a cushy job for his life.

So I def understand your pain :)

Last edited:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate

I'm on with my parents' insurance (I know that's going to change soon where I'll be getting my own auto insurance.) We have Progressive and when I got rear-ended this spring trying to pull out of the parking lot at Chick-Fil-A. Our adjuster was awesome to work with. He went through everything he could damage-wise on my Jeep and they worked to try to get me through everything that happened.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And my Bodyshop guy said progressive and Geico were terrible to work with. I guess its def who the adjuster is I guess.

In most cases it's not the adjuster, most adjusters are just nice / normal guys who just happen to work for a sorry company! These adjusters have someone above them who are watching every keystroke they make!! If there's 10 different aftermarket bumper vendors out there and one bumper for this 2016 Toyota Camry is one ($1.00) less, that adjuster BETTER click on that cheaper bumper when writing his estimate!! No matter if it's a known piece of crap company with a 80% return rate!

Sorry @softgabby, Progressive and Geico are terrible, but the thing with them is they've always been terrible, since day one! The big boys like Nationwide, Allstate, State Farm, GMAC which is now National General (they suck!), Farm Bureau, Liberty Mutual........all these guys used to be awesome, they've all realized what Progressive and Geico has gotten away with all these years, they started these terrible DRP programs and just ruined the collision repair industry!

Allstate thought they could cut out the middle man (the body shops) and run them themselves, that didn't work out too well for them! State Farm started a pilot program in Australia, 60% of the body shops on that program went out of business! These are billion dollar companies that are too stupid to run a blue collar industry business!

One more thing, we hear people talk about a insurance company dropping them for multiple claims, but you never hear of people dropping their insurance company........don't quote me on the exact number of years, Allstate and State Farm have led the country over the last (?) number of years of people dropping them! They have a claim, a nightmare claim and are treated like Sh!t, as soon as that claim is done / finished / paid/ closed, these people are saying screw them, I'm done, I'm finding me another insurance company! Allstate and State Farm are always numbers 1 & 2 in this regard.

As far as the DRP programs, I get it, lots of body shops need to be regulated to keep from screwing the insurance companies, and lots of shops have done it for years! But the insurance companies are now definitely screwing back with a vengeance!

I could write about this crap for days, and there's probably some agents / adjusters here that don't want to hear any of this........we're just on opposite sides of this industry, looking at it from my POV!

And for all you people who are happy with your insurance company and have had a claim / repair recently........do you actually know how your vehicle was repaired, do you even care?? Chances are......................

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes I do to both of those questions

Honestly, I don't care what Insurance people choose...Im not pro one or the other. I am very happy with Allstate and Im sure my Body Shop guy has helped me a lot. He has restored a few cars for us and is like
part of our family, matter in fact, he is more family than most of my family sadly. AND the couple accidents
we have had, my Allstate company has someone out in days and we didnt have to do anything.

I deal with manufacturer warranties all day in accounting for shirt they dont pay or when you dont keep every nut and bolt if they ask for it back...then they charge you back the whole claim...as long as my own insurance treats me good, im ok :)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm on with my parents' insurance (I know that's going to change soon where I'll be getting my own auto insurance.) We have Progressive and when I got rear-ended this spring trying to pull out of the parking lot at Chick-Fil-A. Our adjuster was awesome to work with. He went through everything he could damage-wise on my Jeep and they worked to try to get me through everything that happened.
You said you got rear-ended, sounds like it wasn't your fault, why was YOUR insurance adjuster dealing with you, was the other driver a Progressive customer also? Or was it somehow your fault?

I'd be willing to bet they used non-oem aftermarket parts on your Jeep! And as I said in the other post, some people don't know any better or just don't care what kind of parts are used.

I said Progressive and Geico are terrible, but those two are definitely the best at response time and showing up when a supplement is submitted. Allstate and State Farm can take weeks to show up!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
You said you got rear-ended, sounds like it wasn't your fault, why was YOUR insurance adjuster dealing with you, was the other driver a Progressive customer also? Or was it somehow your fault?

I'd be willing to bet they used non-oem aftermarket parts on your Jeep! And as I said in the other post, some people don't know any better or just don't care what kind of parts are used.

I said Progressive and Geico are terrible, but those two are definitely the best at response time and showing up when a supplement is submitted. Allstate and State Farm can take weeks to show up!

The accident wasn't my fault and she had the same carrier we have.
When I was sitting at the intersection at Chick-Fil-A, I was waiting for traffic to move since everyone else had a red light. The other car was coming, barrelling down the parking lot and slammed into the back end of my Jeep. I walked out and seen that the other driver was okay and we pulled back into the parking lot where I called police. She was also cited for I think it was either careless or wreckless driving since she was also texting on her cell phone (I make a practice of setting my phone with shuffle on Spotify and it sets on my wireless charging dock. I figure people can wait till I'm safe) and was hit with a bunch of points and a fine.

The mechanic, technician or whatever they're called told my dad that OEM parts were hard to find for my model year (2004) but I really don't think he really cared to do much for my car. My car, I don't think will pass too many more inspections...if it passes this year. It's starting to get a lot of rust and the car is really starting to tinker us. So, it's starting to get to be time to replace it.

ambrosia.moore

brosia18
Jul 17, 2019
#1 Consistently DD's moto-playlist (I'm embarrassed to name the songs I'm forced to play in the truck.)

#2 Any of the Bourne movies

#3 Yeungling

#4 Notre Dame (Go Irish)

#5 Before I became a bucket dad, I enjoyed ATVs and camping

I will add one, just for fun

#6 Name the first iconic sports moment that comes to mind (Kirby Puckett catch or Mattingly walk-off, I'm torn)

#6: Al Bundy scoring four touchdowns in one game in the 1966 city-championship game vs Andrew Johnson High School. Including the game winning touchdown against his old nemesis Sparetire Dixon. (my dads)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi