Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Not many movies will make you feel as good as the last 30 minutes of Shawshank Redemption! That's how much I watched last night.

Favorite "Red" quote of the movie: Andy Dufresne – who crawled through a river of sh!t and came out clean on the other side.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Not many movies will make you feel as good as the last 30 minutes of Shawshank Redemption! That's how much I watched last night.

Favorite "Red" quote of the movie: Andy Dufresne – who crawled through a river of sh!t and came out clean on the other side.

I just saw that movie for the first time last night. One of the best movies I've ever seen. If you want to see a great movie, check out The Green Mile. Micheal Clarke Duncan's character's death toward the end of the movie made me cry so hard. Otherwise, great movie.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Green Mile is easily a top 5 or 6 for me, every actors character in that movie is outstanding! Even both bad guys, Percy and Wild Bill (Billy the Kid) were incredible, couldn't imagine anyone playing those two bad guy roles any better!

@softgabby

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
The Green Mile is easily a top 5 or 6 for me, every actors character in that movie is outstanding! Even both bad guys, Percy and Wild Bill (Billy the Kid) were incredible, couldn't imagine anyone playing those two bad guy roles any better!

@softgabby

I wasn't particularly fond of the guard that was a jerk and killed Micheal Clarke Duncan's pet mouse in one scene where Duncan's character brought it back to life. I did like Tom Hanks's character in the movie. I felt so sad for him at the beginning of the movie when you didn't know what happened to him and then at the end of the movie after everything was revealed that happened. Another prison movie I really liked was The Longest Yard remake with Adam Sandler and Chris Rock. So funny.

Apr 24, 2017
Georgia
#1. Oldies and 80's/90's country on repeat. Jim Croce, Monkees, Garth Brooks, George Strait

#2. Dirty Dancing and Back to the Future trilogy

#3. Michelob Ultra or a grapefruit mule

#4. AUBURN! Unless it is softball....

#5. Laundry and cleaning the house when we aren't playing softball, watching football :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

One of my all time favs...such a terrible almost 20 years of life to live thru and got there by getting screwed to finally get his due reward. Nothing better than your own slice of island life with enough cash to not care...haha

May 27, 2013
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? I’ll listen to dd’s music - Post Malone, Drake, Migos, etc. but my favorites are DMB, STP, Rush, old school rap & hip hop. I’m all over the place.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Almost Famous.

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? Anything from Trillium! Right now Double See Saw is perfect. Thank you NE Finest for being fairly close to Canton!

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. NY Giants. Grew up loving Mark Bavaro.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? When kids were pre-sports I loved training my dogs in Schutzhund. No time for it now. Love astronomy, too. Give me a dark sky anywhere and I am in heaven.

Dec 15, 2018
CT
#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? Anything from Trillium! Right now Double See Saw is perfect. Thank you NE Finest for being fairly close to Canton!

So, there’s nothing not to like about trillium (our MA office is in Westwood, so I’m there a lot). But finally made it to Treehouse yesterday - holy crap, that place is amazing. Like Disney world for beer. And of course the beers are amazing...in my opinion way more consistent than Trillium. Both are awesome though. And the trillium bar in Boston is really nice too.

May 27, 2013
So, there’s nothing not to like about trillium (our MA office is in Westwood, so I’m there a lot). But finally made it to Treehouse yesterday - holy crap, that place is amazing. Like Disney world for beer. And of course the beers are amazing...in my opinion way more consistent than Trillium. Both are awesome though. And the trillium bar in Boston is really nice too.

Yes - have had their beer as well and LOVED it! Was just a little too far for me while I was there to grab a case. I have friends that live in Mass so they’ll hook me up if they know I’m coming up that way. Unfortunately they were out at the Vineyard that week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2