Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Tyson / Holyfield “ear” fight. My brother-in-law who’s a great guy, he invited us over to watch the fight, planned it pretty well in advance. New huge expensive flatscreen at the time, smoked ribs and butts, probably 10 lbs of shrimp, all the fixings, have to add, he’s a phenomenal cook!

When the fight started, I remember thinking it was going to be a great brawl, I think it was in the second or third round when the bite took place? We were all stunned (and laughing at what an animal Tyson was, literally), man, when they stopped the fight my BIL went ballistic, no BALLISTIC!!

Probably $300 worth of food? Probably $250 worth of beer, a fairly new flatscreen, he never mentioned one word about any of that! But he was losing his mind over the $120 he spent on Pay-per-view that night!! I’ve never laughed so hard at him before, it still was a very fun night!

I've heard stories about that fight. I've never seen the clips or anything. My favorite fight story was the night Ronda Rousey got knocked out by Holly Holm. I had an uncle recently move from Anaheim, California to our area and one of the things he did was invite us over to watch the UFC with him. I had some exposure to MMA but not huge bunches. I had seen clips of Holly Holm fight and thought she'd give Rousey a run for her money. When Holm knocked her out, I went ape. I couldn't believe the dominate champ got knocked out like that. I also saw Rousey's last fight where she just picked up her ball and ran to WWE after getting knocked out again. The sickest was seeing Anderson Silva break his leg while kicking another guy in the leg.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sometimes "Hollywood" gets in the way of what got someone where they are. All of a sudden, she is
modeling, doing TV shows, at all the high profile parties...yada yada. I think sometimes the inner fire gets
lessened in some people sometimes. There is always someone behind you that has the fire and ambition
to get where you are.

May 6, 2015
thought i'd chime in with stupid/dangeorus stuff done on bicycles. back when I was single, younger and much more fit, road and mountain biked like mad (over 200 miles combined a week). one weekend, few of us went to ski resort and did downhill thing (they put you on lift, bikes on rack on back of lift, and you rode down the mountain. had just a normal, not motox type helmet, fell, hit head on rock, probably was consussed, helmet probably saved life if not sever brain injury. sent it back to Bell and got it replaced for $20 (I think they wanted daamged ones for research).

year or so later, riding in local park, at end of nice downhill section, there were two humps in the trail in a row, could catch air nicely off them, but so close together hard to get air off both. I got real stupid, cranked big gear hard on the downhill, was gonna use second as my landing ramp. got inverted in the air, landed hard. I am cursing, pulling bike out of bushes, complaining (bent handle bars and stem), my friend I was riding with is like, "is your arm OK?" didn't realize I was doing all the hauling of my bike out of the bushes left handed (probably shock). right arm useless by my side. he drove my truck to ER, they tell me it might be separated (fingers moving at this point, just not arm), come back tomorrow AM to see ortho. Ortho says surgery, outpatient, 60-90 minutes, we schedule it. after surgery couple of days later, coming out of fog, my brother tells me it took them 3 hours. doc says if there was a tendon or ligament in my shoulder, I tore it. 8 inch zipper on my shoulder.

good thing I had health coverate, surgery, follow up, PT, medicines cost me about $50 all told (era of $5 copays), bike cost me over $200 to repair/upgrade). never road as hard or as much after that.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not to get into the health shirt nowadays, but wasn't it awesome back then when your health insurance actually
paid for most of the stuff. Didn't have crazy deductibles and outrageous max out of pocket limits.

Oh, the good ole days

May 6, 2015
Not to get into the health shirt nowadays, but wasn't it awesome back then when your health insurance actually
paid for most of the stuff. Didn't have crazy deductibles and outrageous max out of pocket limits.

Oh, the good ole days
yeah, I thought it crazy it cost less to surgically repair my shoulder, including all follow up, than my mountain bike. I saw some of the bills that were submitted to my insurance, crazy numbers like $15k, and I did not even get an overnight in the hospital.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I have BCBS through my work, they pay pretty good..........but I don't understand a physical for me costing upward of a grand?? Seems to me like preventative maintenance would save them money in the long run!!? But what do I know?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Now because of all the BS between insurance companies and hospitals, the people now get screwed.

Funny you say that, I'm working on an order in the shop right now as we speak, a 2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Turbo with 18,000 miles. This customer / owner is the claimant, which means the accident is not his fault, I won't mention who the insured's insurance company is, but it's a lizard that you can bet I'll never EVER spent a dime with!!

This is a $7100.00 claim and the estimate has one (1) OEM part on it, a RH rear mudguard :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Two used doors.
Aftermarket bumpers both front and rear, A/M Fender, Reconditioned aluminum wheels, this poor guy also got CHARGED a $71.00 betterment for the tires that HAVE to be replaced because of the accident!

Talk about just getting flat out bent over! Heck, the aftermarket parts aren't even certified parts, they're just Taiwan crap that fit like rear!!

Ok, if you're the insured and you have Geico and you have a claim, you get what you get, but to do this to a claimants vehicle is criminal!!

And Geico is a Godsend compared to Allstate and State Farm! I used to have 2 or 3 insurance companies I'd recommend to friends or church members, not anymore, I won't do it, they ALL suck!!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I have Allstate and never had an issue...maybe because my BS guy is a family friend and fights for us. We have always gotten
new parts.

But yeah, I have BCBS...shirt deductible and horrible max out of pocket limit. Sucks. But again, with high costs,
employers don't pay for the best either now.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I have Allstate and never had an issue...maybe because my BS guy is a family friend and fights for us. We have always gotten
new parts.

But yeah, I have BCBS...shirt deductible and horrible max out of pocket limit. Sucks. But again, with high costs,
employers don't pay for the best either now.
Maybe Allstate is different where you are, we've begged our GM to tell them to go away, every claim is a loser, we don't want their business! And maybe it's just our POS Allstate adjuster that rep's our area, can't emphasize POS enough!!

We're not even a DRP for Allstate, I've been here since 1995, if we took on Allstate as a DRP.........I'd quit!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ra1449