Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'm so excited for MLB Opening Day on April 7th. I am so excited to see how the Phillies do with getting Castiannnos and Schwarber. But I'm nervous because of possible defensive insufficiencies and the need for more pitching. We should be in decent hands with Familia and Hand...but what about a closer or another starter to bolster the rotation? A killer lineup won't be enough I'm afraid.

Oct 14, 2019
I am not so excited. The Reds have conducted yet another fire sale. I am officially done with them.

Oct 12, 2020
I'm so excited for MLB Opening Day on April 7th. I am so excited to see how the Phillies do with getting Castiannnos and Schwarber. But I'm nervous because of possible defensive insufficiencies and the need for more pitching. We should be in decent hands with Familia and Hand...but what about a closer or another starter to bolster the rotation? A killer lineup won't be enough I'm afraid.
As a Cubs fan, I saw quite a bit of both. I thought Castellanos was better defensively than what people warned. But Schwarber was a butcher. He does have a really strong, accurate arm. I'm guessing he'll DH?

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
As a Cubs fan, I saw quite a bit of both. I thought Castellanos was better defensively than what people warned. But Schwarber was a butcher. He does have a really strong, accurate arm. I'm guessing he'll DH?

I was about to post the same. Pretty accurate from my seat. Just for personality reasons I miss Castellanos. Schwarber can swing the bat for sure.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As a Phillies fan...happy to see some talent being signed. I still think we have a major rotation issue. But there is no reason we shouldn't be playoff bound this year

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
As a St. Louis Cardinal fan, we are again pretenders and not contenders. Dewallet will do as little as he can to put a winning team on the field. His goal is to have the Cardinals mentioned in late August as contenders. He could not care less after that. It is so frustrating.

Oct 12, 2020
As a Phillies fan...happy to see some talent being signed. I still think we have a major rotation issue. But there is no reason we shouldn't be playoff bound this year
As the wild card, right? Haven't studied rosters, but the Braves still own the division, don't they?

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
As a St. Louis Cardinal fan, we are again pretenders and not contenders. Dewallet will do as little as he can to put a winning team on the field. His goal is to have the Cardinals mentioned in late August as contenders. He could not care less after that. It is so frustrating.
Same with Nutting and the Pirates although I'm not so sure he even cares about being mentioned in August.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As the wild card, right? Haven't studied rosters, but the Braves still own the division, don't they?
Anything can happen...I still put Braves at the top until they dont win it. You have to beat them.
Its going to be a tough division period. Mets have a great pitching staff, but I dont think their offense
is all that good. And then the Phils have a great offense, but I think their pitching staff could be better.
Braves are solid!
And I actually think they made a smart move letting Freeman walk. I know he was a fan favorite but the move was right.
Freeman is getting older and wanted 6 years and got 27M per year. Olsen is like 4 years younger and got 21M per year.
It made sense. Braves are smart.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nabbott