Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
As a St. Louis Cardinal fan, we are again pretenders and not contenders. Dewallet will do as little as he can to put a winning team on the field. His goal is to have the Cardinals mentioned in late August as contenders. He could not care less after that. It is so frustrating.
He knows the fans will fill the seats and not complain...they have a great fan base there

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Just saying, USPS is complete garbage. Ive stuck up for them soo many times. But to now throw a surcharge of 15 bucks ON TOP OF
the priority costs for anything over 12"...ridiculous. The service is terrible to begin with the past few years.

We are now shipping UPS and I can insure and send people tracking right to their phone for less money. (as long as you create an account I believe)

Just a complete embarrassment by USPS.

This is by no means a slight to USPS workers...well, maybe some of them...hahaha. But most are hard workers.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@CoreSoftball20, @Westwind

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the new IRS hiring plan?

87,000 new agents!??
4600 new various weapons / guns.
5 million rounds of ammo, $725,000 spent on ammo alone this year!

What happened to an IRS agent needing a really good pen and a calculator? Looks like a SHTF moment is a coming soon?

Dec 11, 2010
@CoreSoftball20, @Westwind

I'd like to hear your thoughts on the new IRS hiring plan?

87,000 new agents!??
4600 new various weapons / guns.
5 million rounds of ammo, $725,000 spent on ammo alone this year!

What happened to an IRS agent needing a really good pen and a calculator? Looks like a SHTF moment is a coming soon?
Looks like they are IRS criminal investigators- those guys and gals are usually pretty kick butt. (DFP wouldn’t let me use my normal word, lol!)

These aren‘t going to be guys and gals sitting in an office in Kansas City auditing returns.

These guys are going to be out in the field hammering really interesting cases. Usually big time money laundering. Think transnational criminal organizations doing credit card fraud, illegal cigarette smuggling, (huge profits), and financial scams that funnel the proceeds overseas to Hamas and Isis etc. Think stuff like large scale money laundering cases where Russian Oligarchs are laundering stolen money from the Russian people/companies into real estate here in the U.S. (and running up prices for Americans.). Think all the money laundering that goes on right here in the U.S. by Mexican drug cartels.

There is also a huge deal that has been building for years where the Mexican cartels and Chinese criminal organizations who are working with Chinese chemical companies where they launder money in a scheme that allows the cartels to 1) purchase pharmaceutical fentanyl and meth making precursors. 2) The cartel doesn’t pay cash for the chemicals. A Chinese citizen, who has money in China that can’t get it out of China and wants to spend it in the U.S., pays for the chemicals. 3) The chemicals are delivered into Mexico. 4) The cartels use the chemicals to produce meth and fentanyl in massive quantities, and smuggle it into the U.S. 5) The cartel distributes the drugs in the U.S., making a huge profit. 6) The cartel THEN pays the Chinese citizen cash, here in the U.S., for paying for the chemicals in step #2. The money that started in China is now in the U.S. And the cartels got what they needed to make huge batches of drugs. And the cartel has massive profits in addition to launder.

I‘m only giving a few examples of the kind of crimes IRS investigators work. The amount of money that is flowing out of the country is staggering. “Following The Money” is what IRS criminal agents do!

There is a podcast series called True Spies that is about espionage, spies, deep cover undercover cops and other interesting topics. They do a few episodes about these kinds of cases and some of the Russian organized crime. It’s pretty interesting to me!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2014
USA
Looks like they are IRS criminal investigators- those guys and gals are usually pretty kick butt. (DFP wouldn’t let me use my normal word, lol!)

These aren‘t going to be guys and gals sitting in an office in Kansas City auditing returns.

These guys are going to be out in the field hammering really interesting cases. Usually big time money laundering. Think transnational criminal organizations doing credit card fraud, illegal cigarette smuggling, (huge profits), and financial scams that funnel the proceeds overseas to Hamas and Isis etc. Think stuff like large scale money laundering cases where Russian Oligarchs are laundering stolen money from the Russian people/companies into real estate here in the U.S. (and running up prices for Americans.). Think all the money laundering that goes on right here in the U.S. by Mexican drug cartels.

There is also a huge deal that has been building for years where the Mexican cartels and Chinese criminal organizations who are working with Chinese chemical companies where they launder money in a scheme that allows the cartels to 1) purchase pharmaceutical fentanyl and meth making precursors. 2) The cartel doesn’t pay cash for the chemicals. A Chinese citizen, who has money in China that can’t get it out of China and wants to spend it in the U.S., pays for the chemicals. 3) The chemicals are delivered into Mexico. 4) The cartels use the chemicals to produce meth and fentanyl in massive quantities, and smuggle it into the U.S. 5) The cartel distributes the drugs in the U.S., making a huge profit. 6) The cartel THEN pays the Chinese citizen cash, here in the U.S., for paying for the chemicals in step #2. The money that started in China is now in the U.S. And the cartels got what they needed to make huge batches of drugs. And the cartel has massive profits in addition to launder.

I‘m only giving a few examples of the kind of crimes IRS investigators work. The amount of money that is flowing out of the country is staggering. “Following The Money” is what IRS criminal agents do!

There is a podcast series called True Spies that is about espionage, spies, deep cover undercover cops and other interesting topics. They do a few episodes about these kinds of cases and some of the Russian organized crime. It’s pretty interesting to me!
Sorry, but I kept waiting for a laugh or a note of sarcasm in your write up describing what you think these new agents will be doing. I don't share your assessment of who the majority of the new agents will be focused on.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Sorry, but I kept waiting for a laugh or a note of sarcasm in your write up describing what you think these new agents will be doing. I don't share your assessment of who the majority of the new agents will be focused on.
I appreciate Westwind’s well thought out, well worded perspective on this having a law enforcement background. But with the administration we have in place now I can’t help but feel this huge hiring spree and massive hoarding of weapons and ammo is going to be used with something else in mind also, we’ll see??

Dec 11, 2010
To be fair, I have no idea what they will be doing.

I hope it’s money laundering. I’m serious when I say that there is a huge need for it. It even help with the three scam calls and texts all of us get every day.

Every crime worth doing has the necessity of a money laundering component.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
To be fair, I have no idea what they will be doing.

I hope it’s money laundering. I’m serious when I say that there is a huge need for it. It even help with the three scam calls and texts all of us get every day.

Every crime worth doing has the necessity of a money laundering component.
To be fair I have no idea what they are or will be doing either.

* I deleted the rest as this topic is way too important and political to get fully discussed on a softball forum. I like most of you guys and don't really want to know which side of the aisle you walk down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478