Growing Softball in the area

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 17, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Well the Spring season is over. We had two teams in 8/10/12U divisions. Overall the season was good. I had to put out a few fires but nothing major. We have a 10U AllStar team. The other divisions had issues with the travel dates but we had the numbers to form the teams. I saw growth throughout the season. More and more parents are starting to do private instruction. Shows that they are getting involved. Some of older girls made it with the high school team. That is a good/bad thing. Good they made the team, bad we couldn't form a 14U team.

As for my DD (8U) here are her stats:
Hits: 16
ABs: 38
AVG: 0.421
Singles: 12
Doubles: 4
RBIs: 5

Team Rankings:
ABs: 1st
AVG: 5th
Singles: 5th
Doubles: Tied for 1st
Triples: We only had one
HRs: N/A
RBIs: Tied for 5th

Above average in all categories. She hit mostly out of the 2 spot. I'm sure if I did Runs Scored she would be in the top 3. Things picked up when we took her for a few hitting lessons.

Our team did good this season. I wish we didn't have as many rainouts as we did. Many of the girls said they will be back in the Spring and maybe in the Fall. I wish I could sign her up for something during the summer. I even looked for a 8U travel team in the area, lol. Bored at work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00