Good "Winter Bat" Match for SRV4B

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

DD swings a 32" Easton Synergy Speed SRV4B and is hitting well with it. Being from California, I don't really have any experience with "cold weather" bats but DD's travels in 2014 will more than likely see some cold temperatures.

She's a power hitter who is still very much a work in progress, but she is a legit threat to go deep every time she steps to the plate. I don't want to put her into anything heavier than her SRV4B just yet and was hoping someone might have a recommendation or two on something she can pick up that might feel comfortable to her.

Any thoughts on an appropriate Anderson bat? What about Rip-It? Any others to consider? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I would recommend the SRV4B.....shhhhh!

Andersons and rip its aren't supposed to be used in cold weather either.

moe

Aug 14, 2013
I did not realize the RT was not usable in cold...but I picked up a 2008 Rocketech for $30 used...if it breaks I can deal with it. 05 RT might have to stay put away. Our SRV4B seems to be a pretty dang tough though...well build one piece construction.

Mar 29, 2012
if you are worried about it pick up a cheap 1 piece composite like one of the combat morphed gear, you can get them for around $40 normally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi