good stuff here

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 22, 2009
This is an example of excellent IR and brush interference as Doug noted. However, why is she not using the glove side? Where is the back hip? While this clip is great in demonstrating the ball side its still very incomplete.
I always refer back to the slow mo clips of Sara Pauley and Amanda Scarborough when giving the girls a female perspective.

It's a good drill for beginners, especially those that pull their shoulders at release. I use this one a lot on beginners. I don't have any problem getting them to use their gloves later.

Aug 4, 2011
I've seen excerpts of this video posted on other threads. I thought I'd call attention to different portions and offer my "translation", though I do not speak a lick of Japanese. (Except for those words I recognize from my years training in Aikido) ;)

The "pitching instruction" begins here and is pure gold.
@ 7m58s

Talking about the arm circle, the limits of the shoulder, and how much faster the arm circle can be when the shoulder stays within a limited range.
@ 9m23s

Showing an arm circle (kaiten) drill. in Aikido we called it udemawashi. However, at 3 and 9 o'clock the instructor corrects our reporter and turns his palms down. If you look closely, the instructor doesn't actually do this himself.
@ 11m36s

The reporter queues up the next gem with his comment on "brushing".
@ 12m49s
Complete with graphs showing acceleration/deceleration!

Learning brush-interference with a drill, by throwing the ball into your glove.
@ 17m44s

Moving on to using the legs. The walk through drill. "Ichi, ni, san!"
@ 20m22s

Nice before and after of our reporter after instruction.
@ 21m49s

Riseball! Looks like quite the bullet spin. The reporter is pretty funny.
@ 22m24s

Thanks,
Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi