Good reads for 12yr old DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 19, 2011
Just was wondering what are some good books out there for my DD to be reading. She absolutely loves to read. 200+ page books are nothing to her in a few days, so I was thinking I could start throwing in some good sport motivation books, etc into her daily reading. Any suggestions??? Oh yeah and Dear Old Dad could use a few too. Thanks Guys and Gals!!

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
Dave Dravecky's book Comeback was an enjoyable read for me when I was a kid. I really liked him as a pitcher back in the day, too. Very inspirational.

Aug 6, 2013
Love to hear about Kid's who love to read - My DD is like yours and absolutly devours books - She some times get a hard time about it from her friends and team mates who don't read.

She liked; Throw Like a Girl - Jenny Finch She also read The Dave Drevecky book above. I'd be intrested to see what other books are out there - I'd like to get her a few for Christmas.

Apr 19, 2011
Thanks guys. Keep em coming. Christmas is near!!! Her friends that don't read do give her a hard time and her 9yr old brother joins in on occassion. Don't know about your kid Cobb_of_Fury but my DD likes the real books. She is not into the iPad phenomenom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish