Going to Interview for Varsity Softball Position Monday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
As some of you know, I am a long time coach of both baseball and softball and have been a head coach in both sports. I've also been a head coach in girl's golf and basketball. A few years ago, I was asked to make a presentation at our county teacher's institute to all coaches of all sports. While most of the stuff I presented applied to baseball, it can also apply to all other coaches. I posted the following imformation on a website that I moderate. I think some of this can help Coach52 but also other coaches who might not frequent the website I moderate. I hope that I have not broken this sites rules and regulations by posting the following link. If so, please feel free to delete.

Coaching Baseball

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Thanks CB - what an excellent resource for coaches. Well worth a sticky under its own thread title. You may not have started the ball of yarn, but you contributed to its growth. Collectively, how many years of accumulated knowledge do you think those lists represent?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Wow, deleted this since it seemed to kill the thread. Carry on!

Last edited:

AtlantaHitDoc

Coaching and Loving it!
Dec 19, 2009
Atlanta, GA
At one of the first coaching clinics I ever attended 15-20 years ago, I received a great piece of advice from Mike Candrea that still holds true today. This was mainly targeted at us men, many who had been very successful as baseball coaches. This is what he told us: "While boys have to play well to feel good about themselves, girls have to feel good about themselves in order to play well." If you understand them and they know that, they will walk through fire for you and you will be successful. Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clawdog