Glove search

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
but the I dont get to buy something new.
See, I like your attitude!

So the 1B mitt is already covered, if the 13” LA is actually usable, you already have a outfield glove covered. If you’re dead set on another new glove I’d focus on a 12” glove for middle infield.

Apr 28, 2019
You’re right, a 12.75” RV1961 plays at 12.5” and a 12.5” BV1929 plays at 12.25”. Actually Most gloves plays smaller than their actual listed size. The Rawlings NP pattern is one exception, it’s always either at or over it’s listed size.

That 1961 that I just posted was well broken in when I made the improvements, I wish you could use that glove for a couple of hours, I promise, you wouldn’t give it back!
Yeah your probably r
You’re right, a 12.75” RV1961 plays at 12.5” and a 12.5” BV1929 plays at 12.25”. Actually Most gloves plays smaller than their actual listed size. The Rawlings NP pattern is one exception, it’s always either at or over it’s listed size.

That 1961 that I just posted was well broken in when I made the improvements, I wish you could use that glove for a couple of hours, I promise, you wouldn’t give it back!
Yeah your probably right it looks buttery soft! Is that rawhide lace it looks like it has a slight orange tinge to it?
That looks like the lace our Vinci was supposed to have.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Yeah your probably r
Yeah your probably right it looks buttery soft! Is that rawhide lace it looks like it has a slight orange tinge to it?
That looks like the lace our Vinci was supposed to have.
Just good old Rawlings/Tanners tan lace I got to hand pick out, the difference is completely off the charts!

Apr 28, 2019
I actually have a LA 13" stashed away in the closet for when she grows into it. I bought both it and her LA 1b mitt last year for under $70 each. She could probably catch fine in the outfield but think it's a little big for MI. Although seeing as how her 1b is also 13", she may be able to use it... but the I dont get to buy something new.
You got a great
I actually have a LA 13" stashed away in the closet for when she grows into it. I bought both it and her LA 1b mitt last year for under $70 each. She could probably catch fine in the outfield but think it's a little big for MI. Although seeing as how her 1b is also 13", she may be able to use it... but the I dont get to buy something new.
You got a great deal on the LA’s. The best price I’ve seen is $99 on clearance on some good softball sites.
They go for up to $229 on some sites but generally around $180.

May 2, 2019
You got a great
You got a great deal on the LA’s. The best price I’ve seen is $99 on clearance on some good softball sites.
They go for up to $229 on some sites but generally around $180.
Good ole Wally world online, cant remember exactly when but early last year.

Aug 29, 2015
Midwest
My DD uses Nokonas, but there are several gloves out there that are good gloves. Starting 12U DD also played 2B and outfield so first UT glove was a 12.5. She now (16U) primarily plays 2B so she went to a 11.5 I-web custom glove with a tighter fit for her small hands.
I will also add to this discussion, if your making the move to quality gloves, take the time to teach them how to properly care for the glove. Drying and proper storage in the bag will greatly improve the life of any glove no matter what leather or brand you choose.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I will also add to this discussion, if your making the move to quality gloves, take the time to teach them how to properly care for the glove. Drying and proper storage in the bag will greatly improve the life of any glove no matter what leather or brand you choose.
Well said, can't disagree with any of this!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi