Glove search

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2019
I'm looking to get my DD a new glove. She has been playing 1b and used her Liberty advanced 1b mitt, which she loves. Now she may be changing positions, possibly to a utility role. She has a 2017 easton stealth pro, which isn't bad,but she says it feels really narrow. Whe is 13 and I would love to get a high end glove but kinda want to wait until high school for that. She would like another liberty advanced, but I found what seems like a good deal on an A1000. Are the similar in quality to the LA?
You can’t go wrong with a
I'm looking to get my DD a new glove. She has been playing 1b and used her Liberty advanced 1b mitt, which she loves. Now she may be changing positions, possibly to a utility role. She has a 2017 easton stealth pro, which isn't bad,but she says it feels really narrow. Whe is 13 and I would love to get a high end glove but kinda want to wait until high school for that. She would like another liberty advanced, but I found what seems like a good deal on an A1000. Are the similar in quality to the LA?
You can’t go wrong with a LA IMO. If your looking for an upgrade a Heart of the Hide, Pro Preferred, or Wilson A2K would be great choices if you can find a great deal.
To answer your question the A1000 is a step below the LA. Your Stealth Pro is a better glove than the A1000. The A2000 would also be a good choice for an upgrade.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I don’t recommend Vinci gloves too often anymore, but for a utility glove, the BV1929 is pretty hard to beat! Just go ahead and
re-lace it the day you get it and it’ll be fine!

Apr 28, 2019
I don’t recommend Vinci gloves too often anymore, but for a utility glove, the BV1929 is pretty hard to beat! Just go ahead and
re-lace it the day you get it and it’ll be fine!
Why don’t you recommend Vinci gloves much anymore? Just purchased a LE 1961. It’s a quality glove.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Rehash? By all means direct me to the “old hash”.

I’ll just say, for practically any more additional money they could easily improve two weak points of their gloves, their lace and their thumb & pinky inserts.

We’re talking about a utility sized glove for the OP here, I still think the 1929 is a great option for their needs.

But I will say the RV1961 is absolutely my favorite Vinci pattern, just too big for middle infield for fastpitch. Here’s a 1961 that I redid in tan Tanners lace and replaced the thumb and pinky inserts, it turned out awesome and is way better than new!

As far as rehashing, I’ve had this conversation with Drakemir here multiple times, haven’t had a new Vinci in my hands in quite a while, hopefully the lace they source now is of higher quality?
6E2391C4-0C9C-40EF-B288-F763F481FF5B.jpeg

Apr 28, 2019
I’ll just say, for practically any more additional money they could easily improve two weak points of their gloves, their lace and their thumb & pinky inserts.

We’re talking about a utility sized glove for the OP here, I still think the 1929 is a great option for their needs.

But I will say the RV1961 is absolutely my favorite Vinci pattern, just too big for middle infield for fastpitch. Here’s a 1961 that I redid in tan Tanners lace and replaced the thumb and pinky inserts, it turned out awesome and is way better than new!

As far as rehashing, I’ve had this conversation with Drakemir here multiple times, haven’t had a new Vinci in my hands in quite a while, hopefully the lace they source now is of higher quality?
View attachment 16338
Nice looking glove!!! I can’t speak to the laces. I plan on replacing lacing with Tennessee tanning 100lb tensile lace.
As far as glove size my DD must be stronger than the average player because she currently uses LA 13” H-web “outfield” glove to pitch and play MI. Being 5’2” the extra reach is definitely a plus. She has smaller options in 12” & 12.5 but prefers the weight, padding & size of LA.

From what I understand Vinci gloves run small so the 1961 12.75 is probably closer to a 12.5.

In any event we wanted something different than the mass produced BIG name brands. Like I mentioned I think it’s comparable to the BIG brands not superior.

I got a decent price on the glove and as long as DD likes it that’s all that really matters.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
From what I understand Vinci gloves run small so the 1961 12.75 is probably closer to a 12.5.
You’re right, a 12.75” RV1961 plays at 12.5” and a 12.5” BV1929 plays at 12.25”. Actually Most gloves plays smaller than their actual listed size. The Rawlings NP pattern is one exception, it’s always either at or over it’s listed size.

That 1961 that I just posted was well broken in when I made the improvements, I wish you could use that glove for a couple of hours, I promise, you wouldn’t give it back!

May 2, 2019
I actually have a LA 13" stashed away in the closet for when she grows into it. I bought both it and her LA 1b mitt last year for under $70 each. She could probably catch fine in the outfield but think it's a little big for MI. Although seeing as how her 1b is also 13", she may be able to use it... but the I dont get to buy something new.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mdawson30