glove recommendations for 7u and 6u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2015
I've been searching for some good leather gloves for my ladies. I followed website suggestions concerning age height and weight and bought a 9 inch for my 5 year old, and a 11 inch for my 6 year old.

6 year old catches and fields really well, but I made the mistake of getting her a ls diva glove that is made of nylon or something. 5 year old was fine with her tiny glove because she was only using it to scrape up dirt piles.

what I'm confused about, nearly all the girls on our team, and the ones we faced were using bigger gloves. I'm set on a 11.5 for the 6yo though I can't help but feeling like that'll be small when she moves up next spring.

5yo is coming along, should I go bigger for her, or stick to the recommendations? I just hate second guessing myself and regretting purchases cause this stuff is expensive

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I have a 5.5 YO GDD. I bought the tee ball glove, first. Then, I woke up and threw it out. We never had these tiny gloves, in the past. I don't even think that my DD who is 26, had one. So, I asked my students for an old used one. The first girl that I asked had a great one. It is a 10 1/2 inch with the monsta web.

An 11.5 should be good for a 6yo for 4 years. She won't move to a 12inch ball until 12 years old, generally.

The next glove that I buy my GDD is going to be a Wilson 500.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA