Glove recommendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 21, 2019
My dd is starting 8U travel ball this fall. We are coming from travel baseball and she is in need of a new glove. She plays mostly ss and 3rd. She is pretty average size for her age. What would you guys recommend

Apr 30, 2018
Check out Bradley gloves. They have two series to check out for 8U players. The Bandito/Next Play ($125) and the 6090 ($145). Both are targeted at young players with smaller hands and are made from real leather with real leather lacing. Patterns are the same for both, but 6090 is made with kip leather. The kip leather will hold up longer, but it will be a bit stiffer. I would probably go with a Next Play if she is still 8U. Bandito is the same as Next Play, just in black/brown. They have tons of size and web options. I would look at 11.75 or 12". He gets in new stock periodically, so keep checking his website or call him and ask when he is getting another batch in if you don't see exactly what you want. There return policy is good so I recommend getting one as well as a couple of other brands and compare the fit on her hand. My DD is on the small side for her age (9yo) and has a 11.75" single post Next Play for infield and just got her a 12.5" Oryx Trap 6090 for outfield. She loves them both.

Modified Trap Web is a good all around glove.

So is the H-Web.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi