Glove Input Needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2012
Indiana
Glove needed for DD that is 13 playing TB, she has long fingers but very skinny hands. She is 5’4” and slender, plays SS, 2B and OF. May of last year her glove broke so we had to find a glove quickly and the only thing that fit her hand was a Mizuno GPL1200F1, wanted to find a better glove but this was the only that fit. Now a couple of months later and this glove is extremely broken in almost to the point of being floppy and not holding its form. Yesterday while taking hard hit ground balls, the glove was flexing too much and would allow the ball to skitter under the glove. Normally she is a very good and clean fielder. I looked at the glove after practice and the laces at the pocket were broken, in only a couple of months. I need some suggestions on a better glove that will last longer and fit a small hand, she likes having the Velcro strap as that is the only way to have the glove fit tight enough. We do not have a good selection of gloves in my area to try on to check fit (NE Indiana), so we will probably have to find something on-line, not really what I want to do.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
*Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO302 CVDM. No velcro, mesh back, but small hand stall.
*All Star Vela FGSBV-125. 12.5" three finger design, (TIP) two in the pinky. This glove has velcro.
*Vinci RV1961-L. No velcro, small hand stall, Kip leather, will take some break in time !

I gave 3 options of 12.5"/12.75" because you said she is playing some outfield and I think all 3 of these gloves can be used in the infield. Contact Casedawg here and see what Vinci's he has on hand.

Couple of more Vinci's
*BV1929-L 12.5" Kip leather.
*RV1961-22 12.75" steer hide, cheaper and easier to break in than Kip leather.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I was worried about buying DD a glove on-line and it worked out great for us.

It happened to be an Akadema, which I would recommend, but there are a lot of nice gloves out there.

Dicks Sporting goods seems to have an OK selection but they are expensive.

Do you have a price range? You can spend as much as you want.

DD is the same age as yours and the next glove we get her will probably be a Vinci in the 12.5 range, she will be using playing catch with her kids, it will last forever if you take care of it.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
No recommendations but does your dd wear a batting glove inside her glove? It has a lot of benefits: lessens sting, better fit in glove, keeps sweat build up from damaging glove, etc. You will get a lot of good recommendations but be ready to empty your wallet. :)

Feb 17, 2015
USA
DD uses an Easton Core 12.25 for infield. She really likes it. It's a good quality glove and you can find them on ebay anywhere from $65 to $90.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2012
Indiana
She has just started to use a batting glove inside her glove, trying to get a feel for it. Would like to stay in the $150 price range. Have found online sites that have a 100 day return, anybody have any problems using these sites?

Apr 28, 2014
I can't say enough about Vinci. DD's glove is a work of art and is a very big step up from the sporting good store gloves. Got it from an online source with a 20% off offer.
We had an issue with the glove 8 months after buying it. DD's finger nails tore the inside finger hole. I called them to ask if they could repair. They sent a brand new glove in 3 days and told me to keep the other glove. No other maker offers service like this. My DD uses the PJV-M 12.5" 6 finger glove. It's amazing.

Attachments

• IMG951755.jpg
    IMG951755.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 80

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06