Glove Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Yes to the DW5!

Discontinued pattern (I believe) but still available at the custom shop.

DD‘s was ordered with leather pro extra stiff. Very nice shaped and sized glove. We did the Pedroia wrist strap mod too. Has held up better than any glove she has used, but I was never able to talk her into a Rawlings Pro 1000. I tried!

@ AD, I don’t know if I ever told you this but when she went to school, one day it was Glove Day and everyone’s locker had a new glove in it. They didn’t know they were coming. Hers was another DW5.

Nov 18, 2015
I believe the OP was looking for a smaller handstall than the Pro-1000 may offer.

@ShawnC - the FP models of the A2000 may be made differently than the baseball models (i.e. not as durable).

If you find a baseball model with the Pedroia fit, that should give you the smaller handstall you're looking for without a loss of quality. (Note - my daughter has a 12.25 MA model A2000. No issues yet, but I also don't have a recent baseball model to compare it to.)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I believe the OP was looking for a smaller handstall than the Pro-1000 may offer.

@ShawnC - the FP models of the A2000 may be made differently than the baseball models (i.e. not as durable).

If you find a baseball model with the Pedroia fit, that should give you the smaller handstall you're looking for without a loss of quality. (Note - my daughter has a 12.25 MA model A2000. No issues yet, but I also don't have a recent baseball model to compare it to.)
I’ve put both a 8th grader and a 9th grader in a Pro1000, once I adjusted the wrist they fit perfectly!

Sep 7, 2020
My 7th grader is in a pro1K Thanks to @ANNASDAD - she loves the fit and swears it scoops ground balls better than her other HOH. I need to get some action shots with her using it!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

May 19, 2016
Then get her a A2000. What do you mean by typically measuring up? The A2000 in general…..or how does it compare to a Pro1000?

Are you looking at a A2000 fastpitch glove? Please say no!

Was looking more at their baseball gloves to be used for softball. I was mainly asking about the sizing. I was always a fan of Rawlings growing up. DDs first "big girl glove" was a custom Liberty Advanced. But shes gotten older and of course has to have her touch on everything and when shes set on trying something new.....It doesnt matter what I know. lol Her 44Pro Is a 12" but seems like It plays a little bigger. Not great for quick transfers but has been a really great glove otherwise. Do A2000's tend to measure out larger or smaller than the size ordered? Really looking for that dedicated infield glove.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Do A2000's tend to measure out larger or smaller than the size ordered? Really looking for that dedicated infield glove.
When talking about a 12” Wilson baseball glove, I’ve had my hands on 2 or 3 different DW5’s, both A2000 and A2K. Never owned one though.

From what I remember they were slightly smaller all the way around compared to a 12” Pro1000. A 12” softball really fills one up, she wouldn’t have any problems on transfers!

@Westwind is your guy, he’ll have much better insight on a DW5 than I do!

Dec 11, 2010
2A686535-25B9-423D-AF7F-1656C8B5BC7F.jpeg
I would say it is an infielder sized glove. When AD was helping me figure this out, she was playing left side infield. It’s a nice glove for middle infielders and 3b I would say…

She wanted Wilson because that’s what her fav school used and that’s prob why I couldn’t get her to try a Rawlings…

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying