Glove for my daughter 13u...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Awesome, thanks! Is the break-in process long for the Liberty?

I guess it depends how aggressive you are with the process. If you're just playing catch, it's going to take a while. I went at it pretty hard, and my DD was using it in games in about 2 weeks. Any good-quality glove is going to need some work. Broken-in off the shelf typically means a shorter life-span.

Oct 10, 2011
I know a lot of people don't like steaming gloves but it's worked great for me. I talked to a glove Smith and he spoke very highly of Vinci Kip leather gloves and Worth Liberty for the price. DD loves her A2K for infield and her Vinci for catching.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
^^This is in fact one reason to put this glove on your short list...no velcro!

Yep, no velcro is the way to go. Every glove before this Vinci, the velcro was the weak link, right behind the too soft leather ! This glove is almost two years old, just had a new thumb stay installed and relaced with really stiff black Glovesmith lace. This glove gets A LOT of use and it was like getting a new glove again. My DD loves it.

Attachments

• 108.jpg
    108.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 134
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 130
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Yep, no velcro is the way to go. Every glove before this Vinci, the velcro was the weak link, right behind the too soft leather ! This glove is almost two years old, just had a new thumb stay installed and relaced with really stiff black Glovesmith lace. This glove gets A LOT of use and it was like getting a new glove again. My DD loves it.
^^^Good looking leather here!^^^

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
^^^Good looking leather here!^^^

Thanks Jdaddy. It's kip leather. My DD was 2nd year 12U when I bought it for her. It was TOUGH to break in ! I remember the first time she put her hand in it, she said "how am I supposed to use this, I can't even make it move"? For fastpitch, the 3 brands I'd be looking at are Vinci, Worth Liberty Advanced, and All-Star. Although the All-Star Vela series does use the velcro wrist strap. I'm not that well versed on current Wilson A2000's, I do have a 32-33 year old Japanese A2000 XLO that I wouldn't take no amount of money for !

Don Morton (Ballgloves.com) just released some old school model Rawlings exclusive to them. This batch is Japanese tanned, not horween like their last batch. The 12" Pro1000HC would make a great infield glove and not take 26 years to break in like my horween Rawlings. They're expensive but with proper care would easily last 20-30 years ! Back to the All-Star gloves, you could order a 12" baseball model, no velcro ! These are made from Japanese Maruhashi leather, real good stuff ! That Vinci is a 12" baseball glove.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06