Glove for my daughter 13u...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Shiny and new.....good looking pair right there. How'd you like breaking in that mitt? I got the steerhide mitt (JCV-22) when I bought my DD's Vinci, it will be two years in December and the girl who owns it swears it's still not broken in !

They don't look like that anymore. Lol! We've had them a little over a year. They will be ready for their second good cleaning and conditioning this winter. Casey started the break in on both so it wasn't too bad. We went to the batting cages to break in the JCV-VM. The water logged balls are a big help. :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey Jdaddy, here's a end of the season combination that really works:

Lexol orange to clean a glove.
Lexol brown to condition a really dry glove.
Jobsite beeswax to seal a newly conditioned glove.

This combo works great ! Remember less in more ! You can get Lexol at just about any automotive store and Jobsite from Amazon for $6.99. Also most gloves (probably 95%) are already oil infused leather including Vinci. Rawlings & Louisville Slugger code C55 horween is dry leather. Adding tons of conditioner to an already oil infused leather is usually pointless and just makes the glove heavier. Those 3 products will last a normal person a long long time.

Jul 23, 2014
We got the Worth Liberty Advanced as well and it has been great so far. It broke in pretty quickly using the method that someone previously linked to showing Aso from Wilson breaking in a glove. Doing that and playing catch for a week and she was using it in games. Still in good shape after 80+ games and ready to go for Fall ball.

Jan 24, 2009
JDAD, that BV1929-L in your pic is a GREAT glove for fastpitch. It was on my shortest list...the 'final' list of three gloves that actually got shipped to the house. Ultimately she chose a Rawlings Pro Preferred Kip, but that particular Vinci model was/is a top notch fp glove IMO. As for the OP and your outfielder, we were looking at this model for a P/M-IF glove. It is certainly 'utility' enough to use in the OF, but a dedicated OF-only player may think it is slightly smallish. My DD's 12.25" Rawlings is actually slightly larger than this 12.5" Vinci. I am glad we went with the PP because DD now plays P and OF exclusively. I am not mentioning this as a "demerit" on the Vinci at all but rather just to add a little info to an already pretty useful thread. Carry on.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
DD plays 2B and some 3B when not catching. The BV1929-L is the true definition of a utility glove. Got two friends who purchased this glove after seeing DD's. One is a P/OF, the other plays SS.

Jul 21, 2015
We're partial to Wilson, but would love to try out a Vinci at some point.

Attachments

• 20150818_213032.jpg
    20150818_213032.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
We looked at A2000's before buying Vincis. They felt end heavy to my DD, but were definitely quality gloves.

I have noticed the same thing about the A2000...a little heavy.

My personal glove is the Akadema AMR34, which is surprisingly light, and the leather quality is fantastic (kip). IMO, this glove compares with the top-end gloves from any manufacturer. Although the finger stalls might be a little too big for younger players with smaller hands, this glove handles a softball very well. Compared side-by-side with my DD's 12.5" Worth, the 12.75" AMR34 appears pretty identical in size.

Jul 21, 2015
It would be interesting to weigh some gloves to see if there is an actual weight difference or just a perceived difference. When we got the black 12" A2000 I weighed both and it was actually a few ounces lighter than the brown 11.75". I don't remember the exact weights but will weigh them again tonight and report back. If you guys have postal scales would you mind weighing your Vincis, Worths, Rawlings and Akademas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish