GHOST ADVANCED

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2018
Everyone loves the Ghost except my DD. There are different bats for a reason. DD had the '19 LXT and got a GA for summer 2020. It was simply not right for her. Her stats *tanked*. They might call it balanced but it's definitely end-heavy which is great for girls who can, and like, to swing an end-loaded bat. End of the summer we got her a Prism and stats immediately improved but it felt light to her and broke in a month. Used the warranty replacement to get a new LXT. If it ain't broke don't fix it! LOL

May 29, 2019
Maybe slightly off-topic here, but... Now that we are a few years into the Ghost line of bats, is it the consensus that the 2018 ASA (blue) was the best of the bunch?

I haven't been following the softball forums over the past year so I haven't been able to read every bit of info/opinion out there, but my observation has been that the good "hitters" have gradually moved to Louisville Sluggers since Easton began "improving" the Ghost every model year.

May 6, 2015
what I had heard was that really no difference between single ASA stamp and dual stamp, USSSA simply finally relented. DD had a Regular ghost, the white and gray one, not certain what year that was considered, recently cracked, got her an advanced (thanks Core!), first AB with in game, drilled a long fly about 10 feet short of fence, double. Other two AB that day were line drive to CF, who move about two steps to catch it, and a rocket GB to short. DD liiiiikkkeeey ;) whether it is the bat or the added confidence, worth the money (again, thanks Core!) to DW and I.

May 29, 2019
what I had heard was that really no difference between single ASA stamp and dual stamp, USSSA simply finally relented. DD had a Regular ghost, the white and gray one, not certain what year that was considered, recently cracked, got her an advanced (thanks Core!), first AB with in game, drilled a long fly about 10 feet short of fence, double. Other two AB that day were line drive to CF, who move about two steps to catch it, and a rocket GB to short. DD liiiiikkkeeey ;) whether it is the bat or the added confidence, worth the money (again, thanks Core!) to DW and I.

I had heard that about the yellow dual stamp as well, but DDs hitting coach (who seems to be up on these things) insisted that the ASA was hotter. We had a couple of girls that had both, and they always used the ASA when they had a choice. Of course this was 2-3 years ago. Hitting coach has said that the new Mantra is the hottest thing she has seen since the ASA Ghost.

DD is using a 2018 ASA that I had stashed away util she was strong enough to swing it. I probably should have sold in for big bucks on eBay instead of giving it to her. :ROFLMAO: But she has hit two out already this year with it.

I stopped following these bat discussions right when the Advanced was coming out. What is the difference between that and the white predicesor before it? I'm trying to decide what to replace the ASA Ghost with if it breaks before she goes to college.

May 6, 2015
BTW, just because I am that kind of fool, took the cracked ghost, put on safety glasses, and took a few whacks at a dumpster, just to try and see what a bat exploding might look like. 4 full whacks, looks no different. dissappointing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad