getting hit with a pitched ball......PONY interpretation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2013
This specific play of a batter being hit by a pitch while outside the batter's box is not covered in the rule book, which has led to this discussion.

Official Interpretation from PONY 05-06-13: Provided the batter did not attempt to bunt or swing at the pitch, if a pitched ball hits the batter in front of the batter's box, the ball is dead and the umpire shall rule "no pitch."

Apr 12, 2013
thank you Umpire..thats what im looking for

where would i find the PONY interpretations and play clarifications? does PONY have a case book. i looked on their site and found nothing that pertains to interpretations. am i just not looking in the right place?

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
thank you Umpire..thats what im looking for

where would i find the PONY interpretations and play clarifications? does PONY have a case book. i looked on their site and found nothing that pertains to interpretations. am i just not looking in the right place?

Unfortunately, there is no case book, yet. We just published the PONY Umpire Manual for the first time. The next step is to clean up some lingering issues with the rule book, then work on a case book. Right now, the only case plays are in the rule book itself.

The interpretations I get come from my contacts on the PONY staff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom