Get Down -Get Up!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 2, 2013
After witnessing the team and a few players this year carrying the "down" a little too long sometimes the player would be just cranky for a inning or two after striking out or missing a ball.
I have decided to bring back my "Get down Get Up" .

At the first practice I have the players get down on the ground as fast as they can. Then say Jump up as fast as you can after doing this several times (watching them getting tired) while laying on the ground I say " You are going to miss balls, strike out and just feel down at times You can count on that! everyone gets knocked down everyday and so it's not the getting knocked downs it's the Get' Up's that makes you a better player. So we will be getting down every day and getting back up as fast as you can so when you get down you will always know how to get up.

Watch my hand if I point to the ground you get down If I raise my pointing finger up you get up! Got It!.

During several games when a player would be off or beating himself up I would call his name and point up , they always smiled and was back ,Bring It Back. Oh we finished 12-0 in our Park but still had Way to many Downs :), Bring It Back
:cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaraLynn0207