Gear for chilly weather

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
DD needs a shirt to go under her jersey for a tournament in late October. Is under armor the "only" option?

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
DD likes the way the Nike Combat fits a little better than the Under Armour. It's not any cheaper (if that's what you are looking for) unless you can find it on sale-luckily it goes on sale much more often than UA. When she was younger (and much less picky) we used the Starter ones from Walmart...

May 12, 2014
Appreciate it. Price "doesn't matter"....just didn't know if Under Armour is the best at keeping warm or if another brand is better. My DD hates the cold. Lol

May 12, 2015
There are lots of options for base layers. We ski so already have several but places like campmor and Sierra trading have options. My dd likes her pepper skins for really chilly stuff

Mar 9, 2015
My DD likes wearing the Champion C9 series instead of Under Arnour. It's a little bit lighter weight material and durable. The only place I have been able to find them is at Target department store. Another option we found works good is Dunhams brand, think it's called eco line. Think it is comparable to the C9 apparel.

May 12, 2014
Thanks....I'll definitely look into it. I'll find her something that she can pitch in and stay warm. Haha.

Oct 16, 2014
We use the cold gear shirts from Boombah. Made from Poly material similar to UA, cheaper, and can get them in most colors to match Jerseys. Like what was said in previous post, layer. Have worn two layers of UA in past as well as have hand warmers in both back pockets.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Before donning your cold gear mix Tiger Balm with massage oil and apply liberally to the upper and lower throwing arm prior to warmups. ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs