Game swing?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 21, 2012
My 8 yo DD plays coach pitch. In the cage she crushes the ball. With a really good swing. In the game her swing totally changes to a chopping down swing. I've been working and working and working with her to get the same swing in cage to the game. I'm to the point that it's just something mental. Cause in the cage she crushes it. Line drives up middle and left center. Games she drives ball straight in to the ground or a lazy backspin line drive. In cage, she'll chop down every once in a while on low pitches, but usuall will correct. Been doing a lot of long tee, and front toss. Frustrated, cause I know she can crush the ball.

Help! I've got video, but don't think its mechanics. I believe it's mental.

Any ideas to break this mental block in the games?

Chad

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
She's 8, a lot of things take longer than expected. You aren't allowed to be frustrated, even if it kills you ;-)
Sounds like you're doing the right things, make sure you vary speed and position, and try to keep most of them in a reasonable speed range for what she'll face.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you think it is an Issue have her hit on a field as often as possible, try to minimize the cages.

If pitching is an Issue, you can get a spring loaded or slingshot type of pitching machine that will last at least a few years.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp