Fury Platinum

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 7, 2020
So I got an update from bookface the other day advertising for Fury Platinum. Said they are moving into New England and they will be holding tryouts in the coming weeks. Anyone have insight on the organization, are they legit? Should on stay away from a brand new startup? TYIA

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dec 11, 2010
Yes. Beyond legit.

Speaking generally here:

Buyer beware with ANY org expanding to another part of the country. Why are they expanding in that geography?

Who will the coaches be, what is their track record?

Will they practice? How and where will they practice? What arrangements for facilities have been made to practice in the winter? (In NE..)

Also, where (geographically) does your dd want to play in college? Does the org you are considering have connections there? For example, if most of the players the org places in colleges in Texas, does your dd want to go to college in Texas?

Sep 7, 2020
Yes. Beyond legit.

Speaking generally here:

Buyer beware with ANY org expanding to another part of the country. Why are they expanding in that geography?

Will they practice? How and where will they practice? What arrangements for facilities have been made to practice in the winter? (In NE..)

Also, where (geographically) does your dd want to play in college? Does the org you are considering have connections there? For example, if most of the players the org places in colleges in Texas, does your dd want to go to college in Texas?

I'm hoping the expansion is to offer some better instruction and to hopefully elevate the New England reputation of softball nationally.

I reached out by email and they wouldn't disclose who the coaches will be yet or whether they have an indoor facility for the winter months. I would hope this is in the works. Guess I have to wait until they put out more information.

Dec 11, 2010
It is normal that they are not disclosing the coaches yet. The org has to pretend that all is in place and ready but it is likely not. Its good that you asked.

They probably won’t rent anything until they know they have teams and dues paying members.

Maybe at tryouts they will know more.

There is also a strong possibility that they are building this around current coaches around your area as well as some known players and will fill in with tryouts but who knows.

My advice, proceed with caution but don’t be afraid to take a chance if it all feels right. I can guarantee that the first year won’t live up to expectations but it will likely improve after that. Not everyone that starts out with the new org will stay.

Keep in mind that everything above is a guess and I have no idea what their true plans are.

Oct 4, 2018
Yes. Beyond legit.

Speaking generally here:

Yup.

At the end of the day it's just another team. You need to evaluated it independently, apart from other teams with the same name. <-- Which you'll obviously do, of course. :)

Mar 28, 2014
So I got an update from bookface the other day advertising for Fury Platinum. Said they are moving into New England and they will be holding tryouts in the coming weeks. Anyone have insight on the organization, are they legit? Should on stay away from a brand new startup? TYIA

It's all about the coaching. The End.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
'Moving into xxx state' is normally code for 'one of the local teams' will now be in our org versus where ever they are today.

It exceeding rare that an org just comes into an area and tries to build a team from scratch.

Jan 31, 2014
North Carolina
Consider DD's age and goals in this, too. If she intends to play in college and will be going to college camps, the organization name on the jersey will matter far more than if she plays for a better team with a local name. Not fair, perhaps, but often true.

We joined up with a big, nationally known organization the first year it came to our state. The team put together was one of the worst travel teams in the area. Two good things happened. One is that when DD went to camps, she was given immediate credibility based on her jersey alone (and it's her job to keep credibility, of course). The other good thing was that she learned to keep her composure in the circle when the team around her committed error after error after error. Long-term dividends there.

This is part of the picture, along with growing skills, learning the game, gaining confidence, and of course, plain ol' having fun. It's a game. Even if your DD is totally focused on playing in college, please be sure she never stops loving to play.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma