Fundraising

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2014
I'm sure this subject has been touched upon before, and if so I'd like to revive it. My question for all of you has to do with the legalities of fundraising, more specifically pools. I am sure the laws are different from state to state.

I would like to produce a fundraiser surrounding the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, but am unsure of what I can and can not do.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I know a lot of teams hold raffles for various prizes, which is a form of gambling, and my DD's high school team raised $1500 during a poker night this year, so I guess there is enough "gray area" to do it if your religious convictions do not get in the way!

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
Poker tournament is always a good one for us! I would assume the NCAA pool isn't much different. For our poker prizes we will have the girls go out and get some gift certificates for prizes, that way we can give something out for 4th, 5th, 6th place nad then cash and GCs for 1st-3rd. Maybe you could do some form of that for NCAA pool prizes???

Mar 20, 2014
Northwest
I'm sure this subject has been touched upon before, and if so I'd like to revive it. My question for all of you has to do with the legalities of fundraising, more specifically pools. I am sure the laws are different from state to state.

I would like to produce a fundraiser surrounding the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament, but am unsure of what I can and can not do.

You might want to research it on the internet. My Rotary Club did one a few years back around the NCAA finals that was done on a fundraising website so it was legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG