FS3, 454, Vendetta, X12, which one?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
First of all, Welcome! I hope you enjoy the merry-go-round with the rest of us riders. I would choose the Vendetta over the FS3 at that age. It's a two piece design which will be more forgiving on the mishits and have less hand sting.

I agree with YOCOACH on the Vendetta over the FS3.

Another valid choice in the drop-12 arena is the Combat Lisa Fernandez (two-piece, alloy barrel/composite handle). When my DD was 9yo, she used both the Combat and Vendetta, and the performance was about equal overall. The Combat can be easily found on eBay for a very reasonable BIN price. If you have the patience for an auction, you might be able to get it for a steal.

Apr 9, 2015
Thank you both!

I agree with YOCOACH on the Vendetta over the FS3.

Another valid choice in the drop-12 arena is the Combat Lisa Fernandez (two-piece, alloy barrel/composite handle). When my DD was 9yo, she used both the Combat and Vendetta, and the performance was about equal overall. The Combat can be easily found on eBay for a very reasonable BIN price. If you have the patience for an auction, you might be able to get it for a steal.

Thank you, YOCAOCH and Eric F for sharing your experience and insights. Based on your input, I think we'll try the Vendetta 29/17, and see how it goes. We also got my daughter a pair of batting gloves today, as I understand the composite bats vibrate a bit more. We went to the cages using her aluminum bat to try out the gloves, and they seemed to help her even with that one, so we're looking forward to receiving the Vendetta (which I've now ordered). We'll probably only get a full season or so out of the 29/17, but I just don't think she's ready for the 30/18 they offer. Anyway, once she's in 10U next fall, we can see what the other girls are using, and ask how it's working for them. It's funny that we're just starting to pay attention to our daughter's hitting (she's always hit well) -- maybe because all that time invested in the pitching has paid off so well, and we'd like to see her "do it all" -- as she seems very much to like doing. She's a gamer, and there are so many aspects to this game that you have to keep active and working on. The better players just seem to keep better and better, and my daughter wants to be among them. Again, thank you so much, and thanks, YOCOACH, for the welcome to the forum. Best.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Thank you, YOCAOCH and Eric F for sharing your experience and insights.

...as I understand the composite bats vibrate a bit more.

Happy to help.

Composite bats tend to vibrate less than alloy. 2-piece bats tend to vibrate less than 1-piece.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1