FS3, 454, Vendetta, X12, which one?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
My daughter is also a 10U and has both the CF6 and FS3. The CF6 has more pop so it's her game bat and she uses the FS3 for everything else. The CF6 she has is a -11 and the FS3 is a -12 but both weigh the same.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
For $200, the cf6 is a no brainer...
Vendetta's are ok for younger, less powerful kids. For a strong 10u and above, the cf6 will be a major upgrade. Easton bats that are under $350, just aren't what they used to be...

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
So last night we went to a sports store and I had my youngest take some swings with a 30/20. She handled it pretty well, so looks like I will be getting each of dd's new bats. Oldest wants the cf6. Youngest isn't sure, but she is only going by the paint job. Gotta do some searching to find something we both agree on. Kids.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
So last night we went to a sports store and I had my youngest take some swings with a 30/20. She handled it pretty well, so looks like I will be getting each of dd's new bats. Oldest wants the cf6. Youngest isn't sure, but she is only going by the paint job. Gotta do some searching to find something we both agree on. Kids.

I believe your older DD will be happy with her choice. If the younger one is complaining about stingers and hand vibration with other bats, I would stay away from the one piece bats such as the Worth 454 Sick and look exclusively at 2 or 4 piece bats such as the LXT, CF6, Legit etc. They are much more forgiving on the mishits.

Dec 11, 2010
YoCoach is right. Two piece all the way at that age. Also this time of year the balls you are hitting have to be kept warm, especially dimple balls. They get hard when they get cold. More stingers and hard on bats.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
YoCoach is right. Two piece all the way at that age. Also this time of year the balls you are hitting have to be kept warm, especially dimple balls. They get hard when they get cold. More stingers and hard on bats.

Right now we practice inside, so the temps are good. No worries there.

I will definitely look for a 2 piece bat for my young one.

Apr 9, 2015
Looking for the right (but inexpensive) composite bat for my 8U daughter

Hi, I just joined this forum today (4/9/15), so my apologies if I'm repeating a previous question. My daughter plays 8U (10U next fall). She's on the smaller size -- 4'3", 65 lbs. She's a good pitcher and steady hitter, but, to be honest, the pitching has taken our attention away from her hitting the past two seasons, and we're just now paying a little attention to her bat. She was hitting a 27", 16 oz. aluminum bat, but her coach suggested we move up to a 29"/19 oz. Easton aluminum we had on hand. Both are cheap bats, but she has done fine with both; however, I think the 29/19 is a tad heavy for her. Anyway, heading into 8U All-Stars, we'd like to get her a new bat -- ideally one she can hit well with in All-Stars, and in her fall 10U season. We're not looking to spend a lot of money ... were hoping to keep it to around $100-$120 or so. I've been debating the 2014 Demarini Vendetta 29/17 and the Easton FS3 29/17, both of which are around $100 on Amazon right now. I know they're older models, but, again, we're not looking to spend a lot, and anything is probably better than the cheap aluminum bats she's been using (fairly successfully). Any advice you experienced folks can offer this novice softball dad is appreciated. Thank you!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Hi, I just joined this forum today (4/9/15), so my apologies if I'm repeating a previous question. My daughter plays 8U (10U next fall). She's on the smaller size -- 4'3", 65 lbs. She's a good pitcher and steady hitter, but, to be honest, the pitching has taken our attention away from her hitting the past two seasons, and we're just now paying a little attention to her bat. She was hitting a 27", 16 oz. aluminum bat, but her coach suggested we move up to a 29"/19 oz. Easton aluminum we had on hand. Both are cheap bats, but she has done fine with both; however, I think the 29/19 is a tad heavy for her. Anyway, heading into 8U All-Stars, we'd like to get her a new bat -- ideally one she can hit well with in All-Stars, and in her fall 10U season. We're not looking to spend a lot of money ... were hoping to keep it to around $100-$120 or so. I've been debating the 2014 Demarini Vendetta 29/17 and the Easton FS3 29/17, both of which are around $100 on Amazon right now. I know they're older models, but, again, we're not looking to spend a lot, and anything is probably better than the cheap aluminum bats she's been using (fairly successfully). Any advice you experienced folks can offer this novice softball dad is appreciated. Thank you!

First of all, Welcome! I hope you enjoy the merry-go-round with the rest of us riders. I would choose the Vendetta over the FS3 at that age. It's a two piece design which will be more forgiving on the mishits and have less hand sting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dadmad